Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

54 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Have to admit, that was pretty intriguing.

It's definitely sold me a ticket as someone who wanted to know how Prometheus continues.

What I get from all of this is

Spoiler

When they get to the planet it's all full of xenomorphs.

Also, never go to sleep in space.

Just got back from my double-bill - we had Prometheus first, then Alien, then two scenes from Covenant followed by that 'prologue' posted above.

(btw it's kinda funny - UK chains hyping up that you can't see the prologue anywhere else, then Fox release it online minutes before the screenings begin  :lol:)

as for the Covenant footage - looks rather awesome, basically delivering what everyone has been asking for post-Prometheus. Lots of blood, gore, f-bombs, McBride is awesome, and that backbuster sequence (we got to see the full scene) is epic.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, antovolk said:

delivering what everyone has been asking for post-Prometheus. Lots of blood, gore, f-bombs

I'm sorry, but this is not what I've been asking for. I've been asking for dark, big, epic sci-fi movie with big themes in the vein of Prometheus and good Alien movies. Blood/gore/f-bombs is a natural part of the process, not the main goal.

• Like 1

Just seen the prologue.

So

Aryan psycho bot aka David unleashes the black goo pods onto the Engineers planet to wipe them out and creates

de facto the "Neomorph" evolving into the xenomorph as we know it that the Alien Covenant's crew will encounter a decade later. Engineer creates Man. Man creates the Android. Android creates the Alien. The Alien kills them all.

Ok, sure.

Pass.

Edited by dashrendar44

44 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Just seen the prologue.

So

Hide contents

Aryan psycho bot aka David unleashes the black goo pods onto the Engineers planet to wipe them out and creates

de facto the "Neomorph" evolving into the xenomorph as we know it that the Alien Covenant's crew will encounter a decade later. Engineer creates Man. Man creates the Android. Android creates the Alien. The Alien kills them all.

Ok, sure.

Pass.

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Firepower said:

I'm sorry, but this is not what I've been asking for. I've been asking for dark, big, epic sci-fi movie with big themes in the vein of Prometheus and good Alien movies. Blood/gore/f-bombs is a natural part of the process, not the main goal.

Epic for me means grand in scope. Alien movies might have been many things but never grand in scope. It was always about a bunch of people in a rather confined space being eaten by xenomorphs.

Dunno about "big themes" either. "Don't mess with the xenomorphs" maybe (hubris of men), and the "company" is bad.

Edited by Elessar

1 minute ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

So does anyone actually have high hopes for this movies box office run or will it quickly disappear like ALIEN RESSURECTION did further ruining the ALIEN Legacy instead of leaving well enough alone???  I mean, I realize in 2017, it's all but impossible for a movie to BOMB anymore when you include China into the equation, but still.. :popcorn:

I'm thinking it'll be a surprise with 60/160

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

So does anyone actually have high hopes for this movies box office run or will it quickly disappear like ALIEN RESSURECTION did further ruining the ALIEN Legacy instead of leaving well enough alone???  I mean, I realize in 2017, it's all but impossible for a movie to BOMB anymore when you include China into the equation, but still.. :popcorn:

There is rumors that it didn't achieve to make a approved cut in China.

I have no clear idea on how it will do, Prometheus did show that the Scott/Alien movie brand was still extremely strong 5 year's ago, but is it still true today ? Maybe it will not as good and giant business like is 400m in 2012 performance (specially without china), but I still expect it to do really well.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Who's to say this won't be?

The marketing and Ridley Scott himself?   On set he told people from joblo "they want aliens? I'll give them fucking aliens".  That prologue is going to be the closest thing we get to a Prometheus sequel.  Covenant is going to be about everyone's favorite dong monsters with their dong shaped heads and killer dong tongues killing unsuspecting people in dark corridors like the first four movies.

I'll see it because I'm not gonna pass up a Riddler sci-fi like most people, but he certainly is caving and giving Alien fans what they were expecting last time. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Covenant is going to be about everyone's favorite dong monsters with their dong shaped heads and killer dong tongues killing unsuspecting people in dark corridors like the first four movies.

Continuing the threads laid out in Prometheus and aliens gruesomly decimating people is not mutually exclusive.

What even is a "proper Prometheus sequel"? A film starring the same main characters?