Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

33 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Continuing the threads laid out in Prometheus and aliens gruesomly decimating people is not mutually exclusive.

What even is a "proper Prometheus sequel"? A film starring the same main characters?

Ray and David coming to terms that humans were just an experiment and the creates still want to wipe humans out like rats, so they have to find away to use the creaters technology\bio weapons to kill all the creaters first, like to see it fleshed out instead of a 2 minute cliff note.

13 hours ago, Elessar said:

Epic for me means grand in scope. Alien movies might have been many things but never grand in scope. It was always about a bunch of people in a rather confined space being eaten by xenomorphs.

Dunno about "big themes" either. "Don't mess with the xenomorphs" maybe (hubris of men), and the "company" is bad.

I suppose you didn't watch Prometheus. The franchise moves forward and it's not longer just about running in corridors from xenomorphs, it's also about big scope, mythology and grand ideas. And it's the best way to continue the franchise.

Edited by Firepower

19 minutes ago, baumer said:

I just want a good movie.  No more stupid scientists trying to pet an alien like a dog.  

Can't make an alien-wiping-out-human-crew movie with dumbass scientists nowadays.

I guess it's just Hollywood runing out of plot ideas.

3 hours ago, Firepower said:

I suppose you didn't watch Prometheus. The franchise moves forward and it's not longer just about running in corridors from xenomorphs, it's also about big scope, mythology and grand ideas. And it's the best way to continue the franchise.

True but you said the better Alien films also had that.

Who's to say Covenant won't have any of that, though?

I didn't have a problem with the basic concept and story for Prometheus. I had a problem with the stupidity of some of the characters, the fairly obvious and not very good editing in the second half of the movie and just the general execution of the movie as a whole.

I was actually still looking forward to a sequel just with better written characters and better execution of the story. I like what I'm seeing so far but I don't think this is exactly the path Scott was planning on taking with the story before Prometheus came out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, baumer said:

I just want a good movie.  No more stupid scientists trying to pet an alien like a dog.  

Honestly I found them getting lost beforehand even worse, because one of the two had designed the mapping robots that mapped the entire structure system and he couldn't figure out where he was going.

• Like 1

Ne early word at all ?

No early screenings with elders crying at how it was as good as Alien OG ?

8 days before the release ?

Time to panic ?

:thinking:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Ne early word at all ?

No early screenings with elders crying at how it was as good as Alien OG ?

8 days before the release ?

Time to panic ?

:thinking:

Emmm...looks like you missed the fact that embargo lifts on May 6: 2 weeks before US release and almost a week before worldwide release. It's actually pretty good sign. Press has already seen the movie and from some inside info about their reaction, it's very good. These signs + release date shows that Fox is very confident about it.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

On 2017-4-28 at 7:13 PM, 4815162342 said:

Honestly I found them getting lost beforehand even worse, because one of the two had designed the mapping robots that mapped the entire structure system and he couldn't figure out where he was going.

And who can forget Idris Elba relieving himself from his duties, while on an uncharted planet, so he could bone Charlize Theron?

I kid you not, Prometheus has probably some of the dumbest human beings ever written on screen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Truckasaurus said:

And who can forget Idris Elba relieving himself from his duties, while on an uncharted planet, so he could bone Charlize Theron?

Can you really blame him for this one?

6 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Can you really blame him for this one?

It shouldn't be that hard to keep it in your pants while most of your crew is out exploring a weird alien planet. 

But then again, I never had a horny Theron on my back, so what do I now?

• Like 1

Just now, BoxOfficeZ said:

Seeing this tonight. HYPE TRAIN ACTIVATE! 

Embargo is lifting pretty early too.

It has early release in the UK and I think the premiere is this Sunday so it's no surprise Fox has an early embargo

• Like 1

On 5/2/2017 at 6:24 PM, Truckasaurus said:

I kid you not, Prometheus had one of the smartest beings ever written on screen.

Fixed

• Like 2