Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

There seem to be a great many people who assume this is a comedy b/c of McBride. Not saying that'll be a major factor in the underperformance but it'll be a factor

27 minutes ago, Chewy said:

There seem to be a great many people who assume this is a comedy b/c of McBride. Not saying that'll be a major factor in the underperformance but it'll be a factor

I thought it was a sequel to Assassin's Creed because of Fassbender. Time for a refund!

• Like 1

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

The movie is tracking to a total between $200m-$220m OS plus $80m-$90m from DOM, to a total between: $280m-$310m WW. I wonder if this will be enough to Fox greenlight another sequel? I surely hope not, I'm done with Ridley embarrassing himself and (an once) respectable franchise.

This isn't going below 300M WW, the budgets are low enough, and Fox and Ridley have a strong relationship. They'll let him make another one.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This isn't going below 300M WW, the budgets are low enough, and Fox and Ridley have a strong relationship. They'll let him make another one.

How exactly it is not going below $300m? Considering how front loaded it was during the OW, I would say that a total under $200m OS is more probable than above. 

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael

My main issue with this and Prometheus is how convoluted and unnecessarily philosophical it is. I spent most of this movie like... 

tumblr_inline_ogcrn3UiJP1t5oucu_500.gif

I was entertained though. The gore and aliens were everything.

Edited by Vogue

2 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

I have only seen the first Alien movie. Liked it a lot. Should I watch this one?

Don't you feel something s missing in your life to be complete ?

Hint :

Spoiler

james-cameron-aliens.jpg

Edited by The Futurist

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

ridley's goddamn 80. just let old dude have his fun with his spaceships before he kicks it.

And ?

Woody Allen is about the same age and can still write a script for Asian Smurf falling for her teacher/father figure.

-_-

6 minutes ago, Vogue said:

My main issue with this and Prometheus is how convoluted and unnecessarily philosophical it is. I spent most of this movie like... 

tumblr_inline_ogcrn3UiJP1t5oucu_500.gif

I was entertained though. The gore and aliens were everything.

Real problem with Prometheus is that the plot became totally laughable in the last third of the film with so many WTF moments.

A character getting up and running around in movie action hero form just minutes having major surgery performed on her was incredibly silly;still amazed that Scott thought he could get away with that.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Real problem with Prometheus is that the plot became totally laughable in the last third of the film with so many WTF moments.

A character getting up and running around in movie action hero form just minutes having major surgery performed on her was incredibly silly;still amazed that Scott thought he could get away with that.

Have you watched this movie yet? It has even worse situations than this. 

28 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The problem with Ridley Scott and I think it's been mentioned already is that he can't elevate a mediocre or bad script with his directing, when he has a good script as seen with The Martian, it works wonders.

Well, Prometheus and Alien Covenant are just a tad more ambitious than

Cool dude-bro scientist makes potato fields with shit and comes back safe fom Mars with 70's funk tunes.

Which to me says a lot regarding where Ridley Scott is at as a filmmaker and storyteller.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1