Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

23 minutes ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

ALIEN: RESURRECTION had that goofy ALIEN known as "The Newborn" that just came off to weird with it's interaction with Clone Ripley.. They should've left well enough alone.. I also feel like with ALIEN III, that they knew they had a decent movie in there somewhere and chose to release a DIRECTOR'S CUT of the movie to flesh this out..

Fincher had no involvement with the extended cut of Alien3. It's sort of a producer's assembly cut. 

• Like 2

This is like revenge horror: scott being bitter because people were bitter when they didn't get what they wanted with prometheus -- released a horror that is pretty much what they wanted it to be just to prove how bad the hollywood system is in the end. no bonus for conventionalism. 

• Like 2

Ok  found it

2 hours ago, raulbalarezo said:

From pro.boxoffice.com

Alien: Covenant was unleashed to audiences across 34 overseas markets this weekend, scaring up #1 finishes in 19 of those markets.

The sci-fi thriller performed best in South Korea, where it posted a $7.2 million debut (including previews) from 845 screens. Other top markets include the UK ($6.3M, 1430 Screens), France ($4.5M, 685 Screens), Australia ($3M, 257 Screens), and Mexico ($2.4M, 1695 Screens).

Fox reports that these numbers are 4% bigger than Mad Max: Fury Road for the same markets at current exchange rates.

Alien: Covenant will expand to 52 additional markets next weekend to coincide with its North America (US & Canada) debut, including Germany, Russia, and Sweden.

Prometheus did 6.7m OW in Australia so more than double. people here say the australian market mirrors the US one.  not looking good for Covenant

Edited by Alli

You're mixing USD and AUD. 

A:C - Prometheus 

AUD4.1m - AUD6.775m

Prometheous performed much better in Australia relatively speaking. As did Life earlier this year. USD30-35m Domestic wouldn't surprise me. 

On 13/05/2017 at 9:17 PM, DeeCee said:

AUD899,000 on opening day in Australia. 

Kong OD of AUD701,000, OW AUD4.72m

Logan OD of AUD1.35m, OW AUD7.84m

This suggests an OW of around AUD5-5.5m

Prometheus opened with AUD6.77m

31 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

You're mixing USD and AUD. 

A:C - Prometheus 

AUD4.1m - AUD6.775m

Prometheous performed much better in Australia relatively speaking. As did Life earlier this year. USD30-35m Domestic wouldn't surprise me. 

Here we go. Kong had a smaller OD but a bigger weekend. I don't see good legs.  

I really want to understand what is wrong with Ridley...

Watching this movie, it clearly have good ideas, the movie have all the elements to be a good horror / action movie... but nothing works.

Right after seeing i gave a 3/5, because it's kinda fun and the jumpscares works... but every time i think about the movie, the plot, the development i think it's worst...

And i'm really disappointed, because trailers is good and have so much potential... i really hope things get better in the next films.

Now i give a 2/5 to Covenant [Prometheus is a 3.5/5]

59 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I really want to understand what is wrong with Ridley...

Watching this movie, it clearly have good ideas, the movie have all the elements to be a good horror / action movie... but nothing works.

Gonna guess the old man has no fucks left to give

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Goffe said:

Alien 3 is on par with the original Alien. Great stuff.

I love this franchise with an almost perverse passion. 

But no, Alien 3 is not remotely comparable with the 1979 masterpiece. 

• Like 1