Blankments

WKND Est. - Hobbit 56M, NATM 17M, Annie 16M, Exodus 8M, Mockingjay 7M, John Wick 115K, Interview 0M

I know its off topic, but I'd just like to say all you people can't fault millenials for being on gadgets all the time. Do you know why we are? Because everything is accessible now. Right there in our pockets. Movies, shows, the internet, videos, songs, our credit cards, gift cards, games, calculator, health tools, nudes, emails, everything.

To all you 30+ year olds, if technology had been 20 years earlier, aka WWW in 1974 instead of 94, Iphone in 1987 instead of 2007, Youtube in 1985 instead of 2005, then you guys would be just like us (if youre not already). 20 years later and we'd be in your shoes: in 20 years wed be complaining about that generation. We were born at the right time of this technology.

Yes we can take a break from it and we're on it too much, but the accessibility is the reason and its not our fault technology advanced along with us. Its not anyones fault that theyre not going to movies anymore either. Yes a millenial can watch Netflix on their phone, and? Its the cinema and studios job to keep people coming, but they dont have to come.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 6

I know its off topic, but I'd just like to say all you people can't fault millenials for being on gadgets all the time. Do you know why we are? Because everything is accessible now. Right there in our pockets. Movies, shows, the internet, videos, songs, our credit cards, gift cards, games, calculator, health tools, nudes, emails, everything.

To all you 30+ year olds, if technology had been 20 years earlier, aka WWW in 1974 instead of 94, Iphone in 1987 instead of 2007, Youtube in 1985 instead of 2005, then you guys would be just like us (if youre not already). 20 years later and we'd be in your shoes: in 20 years wed be complaining about that generation. We were born at the right time of this technology.

Yes we can take a break from it and we're on it too much, but the accessibility is the reason and its not our fault technology advanced along with us. Its not anyones fault that theyre not going to movies anymore either. Yes a millenial can watch Netflix on their phone, and? Its the cinema and studios job to keep people coming, but they dont have to come.

In 15 years you going to complain about the young generation.
  • Like 9

what would be a good increase for Hobbit today. 

Anything above 25% would be a great increase IMO. Most comparable 5 day openings increased around 18-20%, King Kong increased 39%, if it can match King Kong's increase, then that would be really good news for legs.

Edited by grim22

Anyone know how PK is doing? I went to buy walk up tickets and the show was sold out and plenty of disappointed Indians were heading back. First time I was turned back due to a movie being sold out for a Bollywood release. Guessing 2.5M weekend may happen.

MCN reported PK's Friday estimate as $1 million from 272 screens. 

http://moviecitynews.com/2014/12/friday-box-office-estimates-66/

Amazing numbers for Hobbit.

Painful numbers for Flop in the museum and Flopnie.

Dead numbers for Ex-Flopdus.

The increase is good, the number...not so much,.

• Like 1

It will match or even surpass TH: TDOS's 5-day total. It's relatively good considering the fact that many thought this won't pass the second one.

So because we have lowered our expectations to that of ASM2, that makes it good?

130.gif

• Like 4