Blankments

WKND Est. - Hobbit 56M, NATM 17M, Annie 16M, Exodus 8M, Mockingjay 7M, John Wick 115K, Interview 0M

If Hobbit opens to say 53-55 mill for the three day, then it should have a good shot at 240, maybe even 250, possibly 260. If it passes DOS, then I will eat crow. I didn't think it would generate that much interest. I thought this would open to about 215-220.

I was thinking around 230-250m but if it does go past DoS then ill share a portion off crow with you.

Edited by jessie

Better for Five Armies. 

Good hold for MJ1. I'm really hoping it's going to be able to squeeze past GoTG.

Surely it would be better if it didn't seeing as GOTG is much better and it would be nice for a sequel not to finish the year on top.

• Like 6

Or maybe the bo slump will continue because the young generation is less and less interested by the theater experience.

They have screens everywhere, smartphones, tablets, tvs and they know the have access to movies for free on the Internet just a few months after their releases. Too many competitive screens, not enough time. People will be more and more addict and dependant on their smartphones. Just look in the streets it s crazy, people don't talk to other people people, they are doing something with their smartphones ALL the time.

2015 is gonna be a very revealing, pivotal year for the US BO.

Ugh. The "oh millenials are all such zombies staring into their phones stereotype" is so boring and overexaggerated," especially since a lot of adults are just as guilty of it. As a milennial, I know that we are actually capable of having healthy relationships with technology. Yeah, people can go overboard with their phones, but it really doesn't happen as  excessively as people like you believe.

Also, a lot of films really succeeded this year (Mockingjay, Neighbors, 22 Jump Street, TFIOS, The Maze Runner, and to a lesser extent The LEGO Movie) really succeded because of their appeal and support.

• Like 4

Ugh. The "oh millenials are all such zombies staring into their phones stereotype" is so boring and overexaggerated," especially since a lot of adults are just as guilty of it. As a milennial, I know that we are actually capable of having healthy relationships with technology. Yeah, people can go overboard with their phones, but it really doesn't happen as  excessively as people like you believe.

Also, a lot of films really succeeded this year (Mockingjay, Neighbors, 22 Jump Street, TFIOS, The Maze Runner, and to a lesser extent The LEGO Movie) really succeded because of their appeal and support.

No, these millenials do nothing but look at their phone.  Nothing but texting, typing, chatting with friends and watching youtube videos on their phone and not productive things like watching movies, playing video games on big screens and surfing the internet in a desk chair. Oh what has become of our youth.

- Posted from kowhite's iPhone

• Like 8

No, these millenials do nothing but look at their phone.  Nothing but texting, typing, chatting with friends and watching youtube videos on their phone and not productive things like watching movies, playing video games on big screens and surfing the internet in a desk chair. Oh what has become of our youth.

Did Tele post from your phone?

• Like 1

"Sent from my iPod"

I was going to cringe a your post, but then... ;)

On a different note, man, Inherent Vice died.

• Like 2

MJ1 is on track to touch 327.5, which is what it needs to have a better multiplier than CF.

How often has that happened? A sequel having better legs than the original movie, and the 2nd sequel having better legs than the 1st one.

• Like 1