Ezen Baklattan

Kubo & The Two Strings | 8/19/16 | LAIKA | Early Reviews are Very Positive

I know you guys want me to see this, but I'm going to be too busy pretty much every single day to go to the movie theater. My best bet is Labor Day, and I don't know if it will even last that long in my local multiplexes.

One of the pitfalls of a late August release, I suppose.

Edited by cannastop

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I know you guys want me to see this, but I'm going to be too busy pretty much every single day to go to the movie theater. My best bet is Labor Day, and I don't know if it will even last that long in my local multiplexes.

One of the pitfalls of a late August release, I suppose.

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Has Laika said what their next film will be? I'm guessing it's either Wildwood or Goblins. I do think the April 2018 release date isn't great though as it's the week after Ready Player One.

I don't think Ready Player One is going to be a $300m dom movie. It's not going to crush every thing in its path.

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

I'd be interested in seeing a 2D film from them like what Travis was intimating. Are we really at a point where it's harder to pitch those than it is a stop-motion film?

We're at the point where there are no studios that can make a 2-D animated film. There are quite a few artists out there who have the skills, even at the current studios, but there's nothing backing them up to make a feature film.

10 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Really hope they don't go the way of Ghibli. There's only so far artistic appreciation can take you, unfortunately. At some point they're going to have to sell more tickets

Ghibli wasn't the passion project of a billionaire and his trust-fund son. Less to worry about.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Ghibli wasn't the passion project of a billionaire and his trust-fund son. Less to worry about.

True.  If they're only losing a few million on it per film, and all the guy cares about is making the art, then there's no reason he can't keep it going.  It's just like any normal hobby, it sinks a percentage of your personal income, but because you love doing it, it's worth it.

Judy Hopps appears in Kubo & The Two Strings.

• Like 2