Noctis

Christmas Numbers: Unbroken 15.59, ITW 15.1, BOFTA 13.1, NATM 7.35 (official estimates) | full BOM list on p22

American Sniper is about to fucking crush with the Heartland crowd in January. Time for Bradley Cooper to seize a brass ring and potentially become the next "Man" in Hollywood. If Leo is the reigning King, then I say Cooper and Tatum are battling to be next in line for the throne, with Tom Hardy as the darkhorse.

• Like 2

BH6 and Penguins seeing the weakest increases yesterday. Families opting for Into The Woods and Annie by the looks of it over the animated movies.

Nope. It's typical for animated films. They tend to have somewhat suppressed Christmas Days. Last year Frozen was #2 on the 24th, increased just 33% on the 25th and fell to 7th. On the 26th it jumped 43% and rose back to 2nd.

Wreck-It Ralph and Rise of the Guardians actually dropped from the 24th to 25th.

Edited by DamienRoc

So Unbroken will end up one of the top-grossing female directed pics ever, huh? Like, top 1-2? Only other one I can think of is Catherine Hardwicke directing the first Twilight. Although there is someone else... I can't remember.

What women want directed by Nancy Meyers adjusts to 268m.

• Like 3

So Unbroken will end up one of the top-grossing female directed pics ever, huh? Like, top 1-2? Only other one I can think of is Catherine Hardwicke directing the first Twilight. Although there is someone else... I can't remember.

For live-action movies, The Proposal (Anne Fletcher) made $163.9M and What Women Want (Nancy Meyers), $182.8M.

• Like 3

I wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman ends up being the highest grossing female directed film ever. I never realised how hugely successful both The Proposal and What Women Want were, 

• Like 2

Ya'll are forgetting whatever records it would get are irrelevant come Feb.

image.jpg

You think this will do 200 mill?  That seems way too high imo.

• Like 1

Nope. It's typical for animated films. They tend to have somewhat suppressed Christmas Days. Last year Frozen was #2 on the 24th, increased just 33% on the 25th and fell to 7th. On the 26th it jumped 43% and rose back to 2nd.

There were different numbers: Frozen on 24th grossed 4,8M$, BH6 and Penguins 0,8M$ and 0,6M$, starting from such low numbers the increase should be greater and in any case on 25th they have the lowest theater average in the chart.

• Like 1

Wreck-It Ralph and Rise of the Guardians actually dropped from the 24th to 25th.

They also had substantial theater count losses. They are lucky to have increased at all, particularly penguins.