grim22

Weekend #s: Neeson 40.4M, Selma 11.2, ITW 9.75, Hobbit 9.4, Unbroken 8.3. All #s pg 15. Happy now Kayu?

That's kind of racist that your main reasoning for finding a film compelling is the race of the characters.

Maybe just go look for a film with a compelling story, regardless of ethnicity?  :unsure:

Unbroken, American Sniper and Selma all look compelling for different reasons. No reason to tear down the first two efforts just because they star "white males". Selma is not a film that's going to have a $25 million+ OW, especially with 2,175 theaters. Most Oscar contenders consistently make $8-10 million for 5-7 weekends. I expect something similar with Selma. 

$15-18 million OW would have been solid for this, since it seems destined for a 6x-11x multi. Especially with an A+ CinemaScore and a certain, particularly relevant holiday coming up. It could very well almost double its OD for Jan 19. 

$12 million OW could still get it to $72-132 million (low end and high end IMO). I don't see Selma slowing down for a while. The doomsday scenarios for Selma and 2015 in general are pretty amusing though. 

Do you really think that Selma will do 100 with this start. Even with oscar push? Oscar push not always work. See The Hurt Locker. Honestly I dont think people are interested in films that divides them and Selma seems just one of those, even it is terrific as it seems. I will see it in the OD in my country.

Do you really think that Selma will do 100 with this start. Even with oscar push? Oscar push not always work. See The Hurt Locker. Honestly I dont think people are interested in films that divides them and Selma seems just one of those, even it is terrific as it seems. I will see it in the OD in my country.

Seeing as Selma is already mere days away from surpassing THL's total gross I don't see the point of that comparason.

Non Stop is a massive pile of shit

You don't need to say a movie is shit every time someone mentions it. We get it. You don't like Non-Stop. Now be quiet in your corner alone with your opinion.

• Like 1

I'm trying to figure out how Into the Woods is having a disappointing run? 100 mil+ in 2 weeks. People are full of shite on here.

It's run is in no way disappointing, in fact I'm surprised by how well it's doing. I had it pegged to bomb.

• Like 1

That's kind of racist that your main reasoning for finding a film compelling is the race of the characters.

Maybe just go look for a film with a compelling story, regardless of ethnicity?  :unsure:

Unbroken, American Sniper and Selma all look compelling for different reasons. No reason to tear down the first two efforts just because they star "white males". Selma is not a film that's going to have a $25 million+ OW, especially with 2,175 theaters. Most Oscar contenders consistently make $8-10 million for 5-7 weekends. I expect something similar with Selma. 

$15-18 million OW would have been solid for this, since it seems destined for a 6x-11x multi. Especially with an A+ CinemaScore and a certain, particularly relevant holiday coming up. It could very well almost double its OD for Jan 19. 

$12 million OW could still get it to $72-132 million (low end and high end IMO). I don't see Selma slowing down for a while. The doomsday scenarios for Selma and 2015 in general are pretty amusing though. 

has there ever been a non december release to have 11x legs. I think that is just impossible. I dont think this will play that well across all quadrants. I would say 70m is the ceiling at this point.