Impact

2015 Best Picture predictions!

I don't know this might be an exception. I think it could be eligible for all of these  

Best Picture

Best Director

Best Actress in a leading role - Charlize Theron 

Best Supporting Actor - Nicholas Hoult

Best Art Direction

Best Visual Effects 

Best Original Score

Best Make-up

Best Sound

Best Sound Editing 

Best Cinematography 

None of those are happening.  Critical Success =/= Oscar Success

sadly... instead some by-the-numbers dramas and a flashy QT homage to some 60s/70s B-Movie will sweep the Oscar nods while inventive films such as Fury Road and Inside Out are left in the dust. 

Edited by mahnamahna

I could see all of the technical nods, Theron (Ala Weaver in Aliens), and possibly BP

I can't imagine they'd give it BD or Screenplay sadly

Really hope Theron gets nominated, she gave one of the best physical female performances I've ever seen. 

Best case scenario I see for Mad Max in order of likelihood:

*Awkward, forgot sound, both of which are pretty good bets.

Sound Editing/Mixing

Cinematography

Visual Effects

Costume Design

Makeup

Score

Edited by Mad Travod

Something along the lines of:

Suffragette

Steve Jobs

The Danish Girl

Joy

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Bridge of Spies

The Martian

The Revenant

Why would The Martin get nominated? Ridley Scott hasn't directed a good movie since like American Gangster.. (well it got good reviews I haven't seen it)

Edited by Mad Kalo

Why would The Martin get nominated? Ridley Scott hasn't directed a good movie since like American Gangster.. (well it got good reviews I haven't seen it)

I'm hoping that it will be excellent. Obviously it may not, but my fingers are crossed.

Probably the most likely nom in one of the biggest categories is Best Director, considering how well respected George Miller is in the directing committee.

• Like 2

It would be awesome if Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur somehow both manage to get in, but I'm really worried about Pixar having two original movies in one year.

Have faith in Pixar! I'm sure they'll totally decimate competition at the box office while earning #dem (Kudos to Miss Mariah the Songbird Supreme Carey) rave reviews! :D 

PS: I understand your worries, I'm having the same worries about Moana and Zootopia for Disney! :C  BUT, HAVE FAITH IN DISNEY AND PIXAR! :D

Inside Out should have been the November 25th release. Having an Oscar season release date might help its chances at a BP nod in this competitive market (Up and TS3 benefited from 10 guaranteed nominees, and less competition) 

Inside Out won't get a Best Picture nomination if the Academy still has the "between 5 and 10 nominees, 5% of all #1 votes" rule in place. Most likely I see it going for Animated Feature and Original Screenplay nods.

Inside Out won't get a Best Picture nomination if the Academy still has the "between 5 and 10 nominees, 5% of all #1 votes" rule in place. Most likely I see it going for Animated Feature and Original Screenplay nods.

If Up can get a BP nod then Inside Out has a chance.

• Like 1