LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

I hope M:I 5 doesn't move. I want to face SW head on and destroy it...

No one interrupt this wonderful daydream.

Nahh... I'd rather see MI5 get a $75-85 million 4 day and $225-250 million DOM with minimal competition than $45-50 million OW and $150-170 million DOM against Star Wars Episode VII. I want ticket sales to go back to 2002/2003 levels. The only way to do that is to put quality films and tentpoles yearround, rather than have long periods of dumping. 

Edited by mahnamahna

It would be incredible if American Sniper became the highest grossing 2014 film release. 

I'm praying to god that it happens. A Hunger Game 2 years in a row would be boring. 

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 3

Hopefully this sets the tone for this year.

I'm thinking it will. 

Feb - 50 Shades

Mar - Cinderella, Insurgent

Apr - Furious 7

May - Avengers 2, Tomorrowland 

Jun - Jurassic World, Inside Out, Ted 2 

Jul - Minions, Ant-Man

Aug - none

Sep - none

Oct - none 

Nov - Spectre, Mockingjay 2, Good Dinosaur 

Dec - Star Wars 7

If Jungle Book was still in October... but yeah I could see 9 out of 12 months having an OW above $75 million. The contenders (likely or not) listed above. 

• Like 2

Another incredible number for Sniper. Looking at a Saturday jump of at least 27% from non-preview Friday if it hits $32m today. That's pretty cool to see in today's frontloaded marketplace. Could be a mini-Avatar or something. Interested to see how it all plays out in coming weeks.

It'd be even cooler if it has an insane hold on Sunday. A $26-28 million Sunday would seal the deal as far as legs go. $400 million+ would be in the cards with a $110 million+ 4 day IMO. 

• Like 1

there are like 95 better movies from last year this could've happened to. But an r-rated biopic blowing up like this is rare enough that I can't help root for it. Hollywood are looking through the life stories of every dead veteran, hoping to find a potential january 2017 release.

• Like 4

there are like 95 better movies from last year this could've happened to. But an r-rated biopic blowing up like this is rare enough that I can't help root for it. Hollywood are looking through the life stories of every dead veteran, hoping to find a potential january 2017 release.

Any time an R-rated movie can blow up, that's good to see. Way too much stuff in wide release targeted at the most vanilla audience possible.

• Like 2

I just got back from Sniper, and after seeing it, the success isn't as baffling. It is a sure crowd pleaser; the theatre was dead silent as everyone for up to leave, it was crazy.

As for how I liked the film, I really enjoyed it, but I wouldn't say I loved it. I want to see t again, just to watch a few scenes again, that might change my score for the better but for now I'd say it is a

B/B+ film. It was a bit slow at times, but it paid off at the end.

• Like 3