LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

Spider-Man - 114.8M

Harry Potter - 90.3M

The Hunger Games - 152.5M

Alice in Wonderland - 116.1M

Iron Man - 98.6M

There are some others depending on what you count as a franchise.

lol what? Take all of those out other than maybe Alice. If those aren't franchise films, you don't understand the term.

• Like 3

Spider-Man - 114.8M

Harry Potter - 90.3M

Iron Man - 98.6M

4 of those are franchises, Alice is also one depending on what you consider a franchise.

• Like 2

Spider-Man - 114.8M

Harry Potter - 90.3M

Iron Man - 98.6M

All of them are franchises.

• Like 1

Absolutely jaw dropping for AS.  I have been on these forums for 10 years now and I can tell you that this may be the most shocking opening I've even seen.  This is a once a decade kind of surprise.  Hoping I can catch a screening today. 

• Like 1

4 of those are franchises, Alice is also one depending on what you consider a franchise.

All of them are franchises.

lol what? Take all of those out other than maybe Alice. If those aren't franchise films, you don't understand the term.

None of them were part of existing film franchises.

Alice in Wonderland is certainly not a franchise. Yes, it's a film based on existing material, but so is American Sniper.

• Like 1

I am Legend was a blockbuster though and Bruce Almighty was Carrey at his peak popularity and was a comedy.

You can make excuses for all sorts of films. I.e. AS is Bradley Cooper at peak popularity and it's a patriotic film so DOESN'T COUNT! or something.

• Like 3

When you think of this R-Rated, January release beating Amazing Spider Man 2, Godzilla, Transformers, The Hobbit, every Marvel release last year and potentially Mockingjay I think you can make a very solid argument that it is in fact the most shocking box office event of the last ten years.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 7