baumer

Wed #'s American Sniper (7.5 mill...RTH)

Nothing is wrong with GotG being third. At the begining of the year only few thought it would finsih in the top10, including me.

I thought it wouldn't reach 200M DOM, so for me it's the second great story of 2014, BO wise.

• Like 6

what about transformers 300m gross in china? (apparently it actually grossed 350m)

Most Chinese posters believed it would obliterate the record which it did. Frozen's(250M) Japanese run would be another contender.  

Edited by druv10

You'd have been called insane after MJ1's OW that it would top GoTG. And it did. But GoTG is now going to end up being THIRD.

Congrats to MJ1 for taking the 2014 DOM crown, but it doesn't seem right that AS ends up being counted as a 2014 movie when it only played in, what, 4 theaters in 2014?  Sure, that should make it eligible for the Oscars, but since like 1% of its final DOM BO will have actually been earned in CY 2014, it doesn't make sense to me that it should be listed under 2014 as far as its BO.  Four theaters is more like an early pre-screening than an actual release!

I realize that a number of movies released in late December have earned the majority of their bucks in the next year and still counted for their Release Year (like Titanic), but AS could earn 99% of its money in 2015.  That makes it a 2015 movie, IMO.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with that. It's easily the 2nd biggest BO story of the year.  

If we talk about US, sure. But if we talk WW there have been more incredible runs like Frozen in Japan, 8 Apellidos Vascos in Spain

or Roaring Currents in South Korea.

• Like 1

If we talk about US, sure. But if we talk WW there have been more incredible runs like Frozen in Japan, 8 Apellidos Vascos in Spain

or Roaring Currents in South Korea.

I was talking about domestic in my post.