CJohn

KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE | Sep 22, 2017 | Trailer on page 15

18 hours ago, somebody85 said:

Weird....I don't get how people can just hate a certain studio? There are so many different production companies, etc....like I get hating a franchise, but a whole studio?

Strange.

Must always be related to franchise (studio messed a franchise they like, studio is participating into movie making a rival franchise, etc...) and must be knew to the Internet/franchise obsess era.

Specially now that studios are more and more irrelevant in the filmmaking.

But I am not sure someone with a Avatar jpeg and Fox in the username would hate Century Fox, that would be misleading.

27 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Maybe I am not looking hard enough, but I see no hype for this anywhere around me.

I wouldn't be surprised by a Now You See Me 2- like drop from the first one... 

I agree, I wouldn't be shocked with a 32-35mil opening and a 2.4-2.5 multiplier. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I agree, I wouldn't be shocked with a 32-35mil opening and a 2.4-2.5 multiplier. 

35 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Maybe I am not looking hard enough, but I see no hype for this anywhere around me.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I think people disliked the ending of Now you see me a lot versus how liked Kingsman was, also it does not look like a movie you need to have seen the previous one or to remember it to possibly have a good time, resistance from audience could be low.

It could a bit like Ted the first entry really overperformed with Now you see me and Kingsman, so there is room for a drop, but I would expected a different pattern, smaller domestic drop and not a worldwide grow like Now You See me.

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I think people disliked the ending of Now you see me a lot versus how liked Kingsman was, also it does not look like a movie you need to have seen the previous one or to remember it to possibly have a good time, resistance from audience could be low.

It could a bit like Ted the first entry really overperformed with Now you see me and Kingsman, so there is room for a drop, but I would expected a different pattern, smaller domestic drop and not a worldwide grow like Now You See me.

I see plenty of interest for this movie around me at least...many who watched the first on streaming and will watch this on theater.  It also seems like a "watch in theater" kind of movie to me.  Hitman's bodyguard's legs also encouraging I'd say

I'll say this now so I can get yelled at.  After the first half First Class isn't that good, the "kids" hanging out with there powers is lame and I'm not a fan of the final set piece. 

Kinsman has the same problem, the first act is good and the action is fun but having to sit though the james bond kid acedemy stuff is struggle. Same issue two movies in a row for me. 

14 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Hitman's Bodyguard is not a sequel to a decently reviewed film. I don't get the comparison. If the first Kingsman had poor reviews and performed great anyway then I wouldn't mention reviews but that's not what happened.

I know this is overly simplistic, but I only bring it up as a movie that I think will carry a similar crowd that doesn't care so much about reviews (someone looking for an escape of action, violence, profanity, hit or miss jokes, etc).  I'm not gonna lie...I fit into this group.  This doesn't make much sense, but I didn't even really like Kingsman 1 (thought it was ok) but it was entertaining enough and I will watch 2 in the theater.  I'm watching it with 4 people none of which watched the first at the theater and I'm betting this anecdote is more widely applicable than just us 5