CJohn

KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE | Sep 22, 2017 | Trailer on page 15

11 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

I'll say this now so I can get yelled at.  After the first half First Class isn't that good, the "kids" hanging out with there powers is lame and I'm not a fan of the final set piece. 

Kinsman has the same problem, the first act is good and the action is fun but having to sit though the james bond kid acedemy stuff is struggle. Same issue two movies in a row for me. 

Like clockwork

This post wouldn't exist if this got a 80% certified fresh score

"Critics Consensus: Kingsman: The Golden Circle offers more of everything that made its predecessor so much fun, but lacks the original's wild creative spark"

Yeah....sounds like audiences are going to hate it. Will be there Thursday night, sounds like more generic dumb fun.

KATIE WALSH - LA Times, The Playlist - Top Critic

Kinsman: The Golden Circle - "A truly cynical, painfully retrograde pastiche of meaningless pop nostalgia wrapped around a nonsensical plot, sprinkled with a dusting of repulsive sexism. Fun.‐ Tribune News Service"

mother! - "What makes mother! brilliant is that it is open enough to read and project your own experiences onto it, which makes it deeply personal and universal.‐ Tribune News Service"

Going to be a giant disconnect here. 

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, somebody85 said:

"Critics Consensus: Kingsman: The Golden Circle offers more of everything that made its predecessor so much fun, but lacks the original's wild creative spark"

Yeah....sounds like audiences are going to hate it. Will be there Thursday night, sounds like more generic dumb fun.

KATIE WALSH - LA Times, The Playlist - Top Critic

Kinsman: The Golden Circle - "A truly cynical, painfully retrograde pastiche of meaningless pop nostalgia wrapped around a nonsensical plot, sprinkled with a dusting of repulsive sexism. Fun.‐ Tribune News Service"

mother! - "What makes mother! brilliant is that it is open enough to read and project your own experiences onto it, which makes it deeply personal and universal.‐ Tribune News Service"

Going to be a giant disconnect here. 

Fucking cool it with mother! already. You're posts are getting really grating to read, and I generally like you as a user.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Fucking cool it with mother! already. You're posts are getting really grating to read, and I generally like you as a user.

Sorry, wasn't trying to bash mother! with that, was trying to use the same critic as a guide for the disconnect between critics and the GA since that is a very recent example. Just picked one randomly.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Like clockwork

This post wouldn't exist if this got a 80% certified fresh score

You have no idea who I am. I would post the fuck outta that post if it had 99%. Ive already stated similar statements to those about both movies multiples times before. 

If you weren't a new comer who thinks they know everything about everyone you would know I'm part of the certain% group that gives NO FUCKS about RT scores and shit like that. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Critics are mad at it, I'm not.

My friend told me it deserves rotten because of its stupidity. But I found it very funny and entertaining. Everything was in the right place, no big surprise in the plot. You can easily know the whole story since the beginning. I'm more surprised on how good the action scenes ,the music, and the acting are.

Overall, this is the most entertaining movie of the year so far for me.

Expect audience score to be quite higher than critics.

Watched it in MX4D though.

9 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Has a movie ever done a marketing (social media or whatever) openly mocking its low RT score?  Risky but wonder how something like that would go over in present times....

I remember commercials back in the day for Gigli mocking its poor reception and dismal box office gross when it was time for its Pay TV premiere.