CJohn

KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE | Sep 22, 2017 | Trailer on page 15

2 hours ago, Nova said:

I'm actually interested to see how this does at the box office now. 

The Hitman's Bodyguard didn't get good reviews and still had a good run because audiences seemed to like it. 

I wonder if a similar situation will happen here where critics see it one way and then the audiences see it another? 

Hitman's Bodyguard also was lucky enough to be released in a barren August. Kingsman won't have that same kind of luck.

28 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

A third film could still happen if it does more than the first overall. I wonder if Vaughn might choose not to do a third film and they get someone else to direct. 

Vaughn sounds like he might be interested in doing his own big-budgeted superhero film, so I'm not sure he'd be interested in another Kingsman film, if it does well enough, for Fox to consider a third, but I can't predict what will happen either.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Storks was Thursday (mentioned already, but I'll just repeat), which was also odd / troubling at the time. Any embargo for an animated films just tends to seem troubling though, considering those films can be critic proof already.

Storks' review were fine, I imagine embargos for animation is the same as a live action film in that the studio wants to control any publicity for buzz purposes.

42 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Vaughn sounds like he might be interested in doing his own big-budgeted superhero film, so I'm not sure he'd be interested in another Kingsman film, if it does well enough, for Fox to consider a third, but I can't predict what will happen either.

Vaughn should do Nemesis which is another Mark Millar comic and one which isn't under the Netflix deal as it was in development at WB. I'd like to see Guy Ritchie do Kingsman 3, maybe get Hugh Jackman as the villain or as a Australian Kingsman. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Storks' review were fine, I imagine embargos for animation is the same as a live action film in that the studio wants to control any publicity for buzz purposes.

Vaughn should do Nemesis which is another Mark Millar comic and one which isn't under the Netflix deal as it was in development at WB. I'd like to see Guy Ritchie do Kingsman 3, maybe get Hugh Jackman as the villain or as a Australian Kingsman. 

Yeah, it just feels weird though.

Vaughn would be a good choice for Nemesis, if that film ever gets off the ground mind you. Hugh Jackman could be cool as a villain for the next film too. I actually like that idea. Maybe he can play a rogue Kingsman or something. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yeah, it just feels weird though.

Vaughn would be a good choice for Nemesis, if that film ever gets off the ground mind you. Hugh Jackman could be cool as a villain for the next film too. I actually like that idea. Maybe he can play a rogue Kingsman or something. 

I think either Vaughn or Ritchie for Nemesis. The only other comic I'd like to see as a movie or a TV series is The Boys which is just as violent and messed up as Nemesis. 

Hugh Jackman as a rogue Kingsman would be brilliant, it's just I'd like a break from American villain that we've had in the first Kingsman film. Hell, I'd like to see Hugh Grant play Hart's rival turned villain so we can get a Firth/Grant reunion

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think either Vaughn or Ritchie for Nemesis. The only other comic I'd like to see as a movie or a TV series is The Boys which is just as violent and messed up as Nemesis. 

Hugh Jackman as a rogue Kingsman would be brilliant, it's just I'd like a break from American villain that we've had in the first Kingsman film. Hell, I'd like to see Hugh Grant play Hart's rival turned villain so we can get a Firth/Grant reunion

If not Vaughn or Ritchie, I could see James Gunn actually being a good fit for Nemesis, especially if his two films pre-GOTG are anything to go by. 

Jackman as a rogue Kingsman fits too. He can be very charming and imposing. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Barnack said:

Must always be related to franchise (studio messed a franchise they like, studio is participating into movie making a rival franchise, etc...) and must be knew to the Internet/franchise obsess era.

Specially now that studios are more and more irrelevant in the filmmaking.

But I am not sure someone with a Avatar jpeg and Fox in the username would hate Century Fox, that would be misleading.

Yeah I dunno man. I don't get it lol. But some people are fans or hate weird things.

Just got back from my midnight screening and, while I'm not usually the sort to say this kind of thing, in this case it feels appropriate.

Fuck the critics. This was great fun.

Don't get me wrong, it's probably a weaker movie than the first Kingsman, the narrative's not nearly as tight and there are quite a few dodgy moments here and there (including some really bad CGI robot dogs) but I thought it captured a lot of the same sort of style, imagination and heart that made the first Kingsman such a fun watch. A lot of the cast are clearly having fun (even if some have fairly minor roles), Julianne Moore was delightfully over-the-top as the campy villain, the action was great and I honestly think it was a very worthy follow up to the first film and better than most action movies I've seen this year.. My audience seemed to respond positively as well.

I will say that if you didn't like the original Kingsman or were on the fence about it, you'd probably dislike this one as well, since it is very much the same sort of thing. But if you enjoyed the first Kingsman as much as I did then I'd say definitely give it a try.

Edited by rukaio101
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, rukaio101 said:

Just got back from my midnight screening and, while I'm not usually the sort to say this kind of thing, in this case it feels appropriate.

Fuck the critics. This was great fun.

Don't get me wrong, it's probably a weaker movie than the first Kingsman, the narrative's not nearly as tight and there are quite a few dodgy moments here and there (including some really bad CGI robot dogs) but I thought it captured a lot of the same sort of style, imagination and heart that made the first Kingsman such a fun watch. A lot of the cast are clearly having fun (even if some have fairly minor roles), Juliette Binoche was delightfully over-the-top as the campy villain, the action was great and I honestly think it was a very worthy follow up to the first film and better than most action movies I've seen this year.. My audience seemed to respond positively as well.

I will say that if you didn't like the original Kingsman or were on the fence about it, you'd probably dislike this one as well, since it is very much the same sort of thing. But if you enjoyed the first Kingsman as much as I did then I'd say definitely give it a try.

Julianne Moore?

6 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I think you mean Julianne Moore unless you just spoiled a major surprise casting secret

I haven't slept in nearly 20 hours and I'm very bad with names. Sue me.

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

spoilers please ?

Spoiler

Snape kills Dumbledore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

All the rotten reviews are telling me I will enjoy this movie:

Violent

Crass language

Fun

Loud

What sounds bad here exactly in a R rated action film?

The whining about CGI overload is my favorite in reviews and cinephalia at large.

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The whining about CGI overload is my favorite in reviews and cinephalia at large.

While I can be flippant about CGI at times,

The CGI in Kingsman (1 and the promotional trailers for Golden Circle) look like arse. I can't fault the critics in this instance

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1