Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers SB: 56, AS 24.1, JA 19 pg 54

The film might be good, but the marketing of it didn't appeal to many.  The quality of the film has little to do with its opening weekend.

Like me. The premise looked stupid, and I really don't like the leads. There was nothing in this movie to entice me to go see it.

• Like 2

Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow and Chris Evans as Captain America.

These ones count, right?  :ph34r:  :P

And I can't think of any actor that could have made I Am Legend the hit it was.

• Like 1

Sniper targets a different demo from Kingsman.

Kingsman's main audience is 18-30 yr old guys. Sniper's main audience is older adults, Christians, Republicans/conservatives, and the Oscar bait crowd.

Both can coexist - especially since they'll benefit from 50 Shades sellouts. Same with SpongeBob 2 to a lesser extent.

Kingsman's definitely in a position to break out with a $35-40 million 4 day, especially with the solid reviews and great trailers.

you overestimate everything though.
  • Like 1

I hope Johnny Depp is thinking long and hard about his career and his next step. 

Sadly, it's not him that has to worry, it's the studios that can't think outside of the box and are throwing money at the same actors, year after year, believing that their outrageous salaries will pay for itself. The actors wouldn't be asking for these demands if studios weren't willing to pay it. 

Lmao everyone keeps referring to Reddy as a female.

His AW nickname : Redcarpet because they followed him since September and the amount of campaigning he s done is stagerring. His Hunger is real, similar to Hathaway s hunger.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Sure, but I'm talking about performances.

Eh. She's a great actress. the nature of the business means she's not getting the best parts. doesn't feel like Depp where it seems like he's intentionally wasting everyone's fucking time.

Gwyneth has always been annoying.  You can't tell me she didn't basically buy that Oscar.  Between the Weinsteins campaigning for her and her parents being who they are, that oscar was handed to her.  Now all she does is tell us how she spends $1000.00 a week on groceries and if you do too, you can look and feel like she does.  Annoying twat.

• Like 4

I like Gwyneth as an actress, but yes, she really does come across as a modern day Marie Antoinette in real life, which is what makes her an easy target.

“I am who I am. I can’t pretend to be somebody who makes $25,000 a year.”

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2