grim22

Fifty Shades Freed | February 9th, 2018

14 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

Dakota Johnson is a fantastic actress. the Razzies are stupid, they just pick a mainstream film that they don't like and give it all the awards 

I agree. Many voters don't necessarily focus on seeking out and voting for the absolute worst films.

Last year, many voters let political anger consume themselves, and the face Hillary's America, a documentary that was against Hillary, many awards, probably out of spite. There's nothing wrong with voting for a poor quality film, but regardless of your political views, there is something wrong with letting politics influence Razzie voting.

It's all an unofficial joke anyway. Though I'm rooting for an Emoji Movie sweep.

Just now, slambros said:

Last year, many voters let political anger consume themselves, and the face Hillary's America, a documentary that was against Hillary, many awards, probably out of spite. There's nothing wrong with voting for a poor quality film, but regardless of your political views, there is something wrong with letting politics influence Razzie voting.

Except Hillary's America was also incredibly poorly made and Dinesh D'Souza is a scumbag.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

Except Hillary's America was also incredibly poorly made and Dinesh D'Souza is a scumbag.

While this is true, people can look at other candidates like Zoolander 2 and Dirty Grandpa, and then look at Hillary's America, and then look back at Zoolander 2 and Dirty Grandpa, and look back at Hillary's America, and realize that other films on the nomination list that were just as bad if not worse.

I refuse to accept "it was bad anyway" as an excuse to mask the influence of political rage on the voting results, because such influence was undoubtedly a thing.

But I'm not disregarding the fact that the film was poor. I would just feel better about the choice to crown it as a Razzie winner knowing for absolute sure there wasn't any 'I'm gonna get revenge on Trump as the sore loser that I am' type stuff going on.

• Like 1

From what I heard about Hillary's America, calling it a "movie" sounds like an act so charitable that you should be able to claim a tax deduction from it. And frankly, when the whole thing is a blatantly partisan piece of propaganda (and one with zero regard for facts, given that its central thesis is apparently along the lines of "democrats fought for slavery 150 years ago, ergo they're still categorically evil now"), it's impossible not to respond to it on a political level as well as an artistic one.

But back to Fifty Shades: the second one really was bad enough to merit the drubbing it's bound (hehe) to receive at the Razzies. At least everyone involved with the first one tried to salvage it; no one makes any such effort in the sequel, and I'm just gonna go out on a limb and guess that they didn't step their game up for the grand finale either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

Sam Taylor-Johnson honestly did so much for that first movie; it's a shame she never got credit for it.

I mind an interview with the director of Darker and this where he kinda trashed her and said that his movie wouldn't win any Oscars but it wouldn't score 25% on RT either. Ha.

Aside from the script, the first Fifty Shades is a competently well made film. Dakota Johnson is great, the cinematography is beautiful and has a killer soundtrack.

Topped Social Media Buzz this week.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/fifty-shades-freed-social-media-buzz-trailer-1202656956/

Soundtrack tracklist

1. Capital Letters – Hailee Steinfeld x BloodPop®
2. For You (Fifty Shades Freed) – Liam Payne & Rita Ora
3. Sacrifice – Black Atlass featuring Jessie Reyez
4. High – Whethan & Dua Lipa
5. Heaven – Julia Michaels
6. Big Spender – Kiana Ledé featuring Prince Charlez
7. Never Tear Us Apart – Bishop Briggs
8. The Wolf – The Spencer Lee Band
9. Are You – Julia Michaels
10. Cross Your Mind – Sabrina Claudio
11. Change Your Mind – Miike Snow
12. Come On Back – Shungudzo
13. I Got You (I Feel Good) – Jessie J
14. Ta Meilleure Ennemie (Pearls) – Samantha Gongol (of Marian Hill) featuring Juliette Armanet
15. Deer in Headlights – Sia
16. Diddy Bop – Jacob Banks & Louis the Child
17. Love Me Like You Do (Fifty Shades Freed Version) – Ellie Goulding
18. Freed – Danny Elfman
19. Seeing Red – Danny Elfman
20. Maybe I’m Amazed – Jamie Dornan [Bonus Track]
21. Cross Your Mind (Spanish Version – Sabrina Claudio [Bonus Track]
22. Pearls – Samantha Gongol (of Marian Hill) [Bonus Track]

www.justjared.com/2018/01/08/fifty-shades-freed-soundtrack-has-a-song-by-jamie-dornan/

2 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Topped Social Media Buzz this week.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/fifty-shades-freed-social-media-buzz-trailer-1202656956/

Soundtrack tracklist

1. Capital Letters – Hailee Steinfeld x BloodPop®
2. For You (Fifty Shades Freed) – Liam Payne & Rita Ora
3. Sacrifice – Black Atlass featuring Jessie Reyez
4. High – Whethan & Dua Lipa
5. Heaven – Julia Michaels
6. Big Spender – Kiana Ledé featuring Prince Charlez
7. Never Tear Us Apart – Bishop Briggs
8. The Wolf – The Spencer Lee Band
9. Are You – Julia Michaels
10. Cross Your Mind – Sabrina Claudio
11. Change Your Mind – Miike Snow
12. Come On Back – Shungudzo
13. I Got You (I Feel Good) – Jessie J
14. Ta Meilleure Ennemie (Pearls) – Samantha Gongol (of Marian Hill) featuring Juliette Armanet
15. Deer in Headlights – Sia
16. Diddy Bop – Jacob Banks & Louis the Child
17. Love Me Like You Do (Fifty Shades Freed Version) – Ellie Goulding
18. Freed – Danny Elfman
19. Seeing Red – Danny Elfman
20. Maybe I’m Amazed – Jamie Dornan [Bonus Track]
21. Cross Your Mind (Spanish Version – Sabrina Claudio [Bonus Track]
22. Pearls – Samantha Gongol (of Marian Hill) [Bonus Track]

www.justjared.com/2018/01/08/fifty-shades-freed-soundtrack-has-a-song-by-jamie-dornan/

:winomg: 

• Like 1