K1stpierre

Weekend #s | 50SOG 81m, (RTH Sunday puts it at about 84M) Kings 35.6, AS 16m, JA 9.43m (official) | all #s on p1

Oh fuck my life. Work hard, don't get shit. Fuck hard, get more dick.

Lol but have you guys noticed that Kim K actually has fans?? Gays in particular. Say something bad about her and her fans will swarm in like:

Mad that da QUEEN is making money? She's ***Flawless and everyone is talking about her! #HighFashion #Icon #SheBadYouMad 

Lol but have you guys noticed that Kim K actually has fans?? Gays in particular. Say something bad about her and her fans will swarm in like:

Mad that da QUEEN is making money? She's ***Flawless and everyone is talking about her! #HighFashion #Icon #SheBadYouMad

What the fuck is wrong with you?

• Like 2

The "Marvel brand" didn't really exist back then. Not till after Avengers.

Maybe not, but those were still PG-13 movies based off of popular comic books for teenagers and adults. So of course they would appeal to a more broader audience then Kingsman which was geared towards adults only.

Edited by sfran43

I think sex scares a lot of guys. It's the only logical thing I can come up with as to why there is so much backlash to this film before people see it.

I bet if the internet existed IN 1972, boys and young men would be making puerile jokes about Last tango in Paris as well. So much hate and no one can tell us why they do.

Hon, I *love* my erotica, I just demand it be less crappy and misogynistic/abusive than 50 SHADES. Also, pull-2-publish fanfiction is a really lazy trend in publishing, IMO.

However, I'm seeing the movie tomorrow b/c I want to support a female-helmed franchise starter, and I want to see if it'll make me hate the book less, LOL!

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
  • Like 1

Hon, I *love* my erotica, I just demand it be less crappy and misogynistic/abusive than 50 SHADES. Also, pull-2-publish fanfiction is a really lazy trend in publishing, IMO.

However, I'm seeing the movie tomorrow b/c I want to support a female-helmed franchise starter, and I want to see if it'll make me hate the book less, LOL!

I'm right there with you, WTF. There is plenty of well-written erotica that could be adapted into hot, sexy, enjoyable films, but FSOG isn't in that league. Good erotica respects all parties, regardless of sexual identity or kinks. One can applaud FSOG for catering to female sexual fantasies and yet point out its many and glaring flaws. That's what we have to do if we're to have any hope of moving Hollywood in a more positive direction in the future.

On another note, it's really unfortunate that Anne Rice's Exit to Eden was adapted into a wretched comedy back in the 90s. The novel is a BDSM romance featuring a dominatrix who trains and then falls in love with her sub. After the success of FSOG, the major studios will be looking for other such novels trying to make lightning strike twice. Making a more or less faithful version of Exit to Eden or a similar work could be a good way to go.

• Like 4