iceroll

Snowden | September 16, 2016 | Trailer on Page 6. Special screening at SDCC Thursday

20 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Most random Hall H panel ever? I guess this could be decently big with the Reddit crowd, so I can see the overlap.

7 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Most random Hall H panel ever? I guess this could be decently big with the Reddit crowd, so I can see the overlap.

Nah, Horns (Daniel Radcliffe), Rock the Kasbah (Bill Murray) and Penguins (Benedict Cumberbatch) got Hall H panels. Movies with actors who are geek magnets will get Hall H panels of the studio wants to.

On 4/27/2016 at 1:55 PM, CoolioD1 said:

i'm really reminded of that bullshit julian assange movie with the 'batch from a couple years ago. that film was absolute dogshit. one of the worst biopics i think i've seen.

Yeah, that's the vibe I'm getting from this. Most of these hot-button current affairs pseudobios end up being overwrought, underdone garbage.

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Is this a Christmas Movie ?

Release date seems wrong for this.

:thinking:

Christmas? :blink:

No, it's about Edward Snowden, the NSA contractor who stole terabytes of secret files and fled the US to seek asylum in  Russia, one of the most restrictive countries in the world, supposedly because he objected to government assaults on civil liberties. His current situation seems oddly fitting. The movie is scheduled for the right time, when it will sink without a trace and be quickly forgotten.