iceroll

Snowden | September 16, 2016 | Trailer on Page 6. Special screening at SDCC Thursday

Funny to see the reviews downturn - the first one I read was Variety's review...and it's great! 

(Though it's Gleiberman, who comes from EW and lately sounds a bit shifty, so...)

http://variety.com/2016/film/reviews/snowden-review-toronto-film-festival-joseph-gordon-levitt-1201855669/

Edited by Macleod

5 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

I like Shailene more than Jennifer because there is a hint of innocence in her..Jennifer..has lost my respect after the whole xmen nonsense.

Like getting boils and rashes from the glue they used put the scales on  and having to pee standing up in a funnel (with no provision for any other form of bathroom).  Yeah, can't see why that wouldn't be her most fun part of the character.

She didn't ask to be in blue less, according to her, the scriptwriter wrote it that way.  I'm assuming to take advantage of her popularity, but I don't see how that can be held against her

I really get pissed off over the grief she gets about this.  I really hope XA was her last one.  It is no fun to get excited over a movie when a bunch of the other people excited for the movie make it seem like the reason you are going ruined the film.  I honestly had to grit my teeth to still keep a positive attitude towards the film.  I'm glad I did, because I liked it, regardless of what the critics thought, but I'd rather root for her in other films.  Given her schedule I don't really see her being in another one anyhow, though, even if they want to pay the money they'd need to pay now to keep her.

I think Shailene deserves better roles than the Divergent ones, though, and I hope she gets them.  I don't have to ration my liking to only one of them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Macleod said:

Funny to see the reviews downturn - the first one I read was Variety's review...and it's great! 

(Though it's Gleiberman, who comes from EW and lately sounds a bit shifty, so...)

http://variety.com/2016/film/reviews/snowden-review-toronto-film-festival-joseph-gordon-levitt-1201855669/

I want it to do well because of the subject matter, but I guess we'll see.

1 hour ago, HesAPooka said:

I'm not saying she can't act. I'm saying she has zero charisma, but that's just my opinion. The world if full of good actors who aren't likeable or charismatic. She's like a female Liam Hemsworth, nothing about her draws you in. 

lol she is not the female Liam Hemsworth. He couldn't act if his life depended on it. Come on now.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that almost everyone of you is predicting Snowden to fail so hard boxoffice-wise. But of course The Fifth Estate was a big flop and I can't estimate it from Europe very well.

Here in Germany several newspapers already reported about the film and posted interviews with O. Stone and some other members of his crew. There could be a pretty big difference marketing-wise.

Like in the US the first reviews here show no clear picture: Some reviews are mediocre and say the film is not bad but unnecessary. OTOH a very big movie website (filmstarts.de) scores it really good and says it's an intimate, well-played, eclected film. And it gets a lot of talking here but that doesn't mean automatically that it will be a big hit. Personally in case of doubt (if it stays so undecided from reviews) I will watch it and by the way I had no interest to see the Steve Jobs movies in theater (I've seen them now on DVD).

• Like 2