Chewy

Arrival | Nov 11, 2016 | Villeneuve/Adams/Renner | First Reviews Have Arrived.

More raves from the official gala premiere at London Film Festival!

Spoiler

Nikki Baughan @rollcredits  5m5 minutes ago

So #Arrival is incredible. Powerful, profound sci-fi with a stunning performance from Amy Adams. One of the films of the year. #LFF2016

Ivan Radford @iFlicks  6m6 minutes ago

Arrival - takes the logic of first contact to profound emotional heights. Thoughtful, swirling, elegant science fiction. #LFF

Lefteris Parasyris @eleftherios12  9h9 hours agoHackney, London

Warmed up after #Arrival and so curious to see if Denis Villeneuve will keep up the hype with #BladeRunner2049 ? I say in Denis we trust

Anton Volkov @antovolk  8h8 hours ago

#Arrival - wow. Poignant, graceful and emotionally draining. Bravo. #LFF http://ift.tt/2dKYRtP 

vickster51 @vickster51  8h8 hours ago

Thoroughly enjoyed #Arrival - an engaging story. took a direction I did not expect. Go & do not let yourself be spoilt before u see it.#LFF

Naomi @khaleesi_101  8h8 hours ago

#Arrival is a beautiful,very clever sci-fi film. Just stunning & Amy Adams Oscar nom is in the bag #LFF

Ryan @ryannn_13  8h8 hours ago

#Arrival is beyond words. I haven't felt like this at a film in years.

sue griffith @soosie_soo  8h8 hours ago

Was fully on board with #Arrival for a while then it all went a bit bobbins - smoking clearly not so bad for you in the future though. #LFF

cjshunter @cjshunter  8h8 hours ago

#Arrival a decent bit of sci-fi for those that like the genre. Out in November I think.

Aieee! Monsters!! @becky_monster  8h8 hours ago

#Arrival - whoa

Niall Simmonds @nsimmon22  8h8 hours ago

Moving, intelligent, complex. Superb proof that is Villeneuve one of the best directors out there at the moment. #Arrival #LFF2016

Mabs Ali @mabeats_brown  8h8 hours ago

#Arrival was incredible! What a beautiful and intelligent sci-fi film. Well done to #DenisVilleneuve, #AmyAdams and #JeremyRenner! #LFF2016

Alison Cowan @AlisonCowan  8h8 hours ago

Alison Cowan Retweeted BFI

OMG I need to discuss #Arrival @whyaretheyhere with someone immediately. #LFF

@JanisThomasMktg - Thinking of last time I saw a film that systematically, intelligently expanded everything like #Arrival - Inception?

Chris Smyth @merrychrissmyth  8h8 hours ago

#Arrival is a sharp and graceful take on the first contact story, and had the linguistics nerd in me all a-tingle #LFF

Piers deMerclesden @deMerclesden  8h8 hours ago

Intelligent, thought provoking and beautifully shot #Arrival and a wonderful soundtrack #LFF2016 #LFF #UKPremiere

Van Deck @Van_Deck  8h8 hours ago

#Arrival #LFF All the feels. Beautifully shot. Finally a realistic alien encounter. Enchanting concept. But, not 5*. Can't put finger on why

Davide Cantire @Deiv90  8h8 hours ago

Saw this morning, #Arrival is far and away one of the best sci-fi movies of the last years. Now get exited for the Blade Runner sequel #lff

Jack @EagleEyedJack  8h8 hours agoLambeth, London

#Arrival is absolutely fantastic. Deep, thought - provoking scifi. And Amy Adams is the best actress of her generation. #LFF

Antonio Garcia @Tweety_Tony  8h8 hours ago

@whyaretheyhere #Arrival - brain bending sci-phi(losophy) mini-masterpiece. Denis Villeneuve is a genius. Roll on Blade Runner 2 #LFF

NotRightAway @NotRightAway  8h8 hours ago

#Arrival is a strong idea beautifully executed, and nice to see the tension with the military so well portrayed - rare in scifi. #lff

- profound, a walk around the block and a Perspective and Soda was necessary to comprehend it all. #Arrival fits that bill entirely. -

Alison Cowan @AlisonCowan  8h8 hours ago

Go and see #Arrival but don't read up on it beforehand would be my advice. Going in cold you'll be gripped and swept along wonderfully. #LFF

Adventuress @Unwritten66  8h8 hours ago

#Arrival Rather special; not the full on sci-fi I expected but a wonderful, intelligently imagined story about humanity & communication #LFF

Gabby @gabbycorsini03  8h8 hours ago

That's it. The people have spoken. End the festival now it has peaked and the rest will be crap by comparison #Arrival #LFF #LFF2016

Gabby @gabbycorsini03  8h8 hours ago

I'm kidding but oh my god what a film.. I feel that if I watch it again now I will break down and cry for the entire 2 hours #Arrival #LFF

Kim Sheehan @Kimlovesfilms  8h8 hours ago

Wow. My mind is doing crazy, deep circles after #Arrival. Can we talk about this? #LFF

? ? ? ? ? @StealingCake  8h8 hours ago

Absolutely adored #Arrival. A film more about communication & fear of 'others' rather than aliens. Adams & Renner at their best. #LFF

Dave Waters @Realdavewaters  8h8 hours ago

#Arrival One of the best episodes of 'The Prisoner'. That and 'The General' (the episode that featured the DofE computer that Gove built)

Martin White @Film_Bookworm  8h8 hours ago

Really rather impressed with #Arrival - smart, intelligent sci-fi at its finest.

James McAllister @jamesmca90  8h8 hours ago

Trust Villeneuve to make an alien film that's all about humanity: #Arrival is the sort of fiercely intelligent filmmaking we need! #LFF2016

vickster51 @vickster51  8h8 hours ago

Where can I talk to people about #Arrival without spoiling it for others? I have so much to say about it! #LFF

sanjay singhal @sanjaysing  8h8 hours ago

#Arrival is one hell of a thought provoking film.

Craig Fraser @craigiefraser  8h8 hours ago

#Arrival Wow. Stunning, smart, beautiful. Villeneuve is boss level. You need this film in your life, your eyes, your ears, your brains. #LFF

... @martinibubble  8h8 hours ago

Well the film Arrival was bloody brilliant. Definitely one for you sci-fi nerds #arrival

David Neale @cwood1980  8h8 hours ago

Wow @whyaretheyhere #Arrival at the #LFF tonight what a sensation film best I've seen in 2016 Amy Adams & Jeremy Renner are superb

Anton Volkov @antovolk  7h7 hours ago

Some thoughts/a review of sorts of Denis Villeneuve's stunning #Arrival http://letterboxd.com/antovolk/film/arrival-2016/ 

Tom @TomDukeJr  7h7 hours ago

#Arrival was like having a glimpse into the future of what all great films should be like. Pure genius with heart & soul like no other.

Katie Lopez @KatieLopez1984  7h7 hours ago

Back from seeing #Arrival at the #LFF: beautiful, melancholic, proper grown up sci-fi w/ Amy Adams & Jeremy Renner. Definite thumbs up @BFI

Hugo Rodger-Brown @hugorodgerbrown  7h7 hours ago

Just seen #Arrival - great sci-fi movie, in the Interstellar mould. Go see.

Tim Leach @tim_leach  7h7 hours agoLondon, England

Thoroughly enjoyable. If you get a chance, go and see #Arrival #bfilondonfilmfestival #scifihttps://www.instagram.com/p/BLZeYYAABR8/ 

The Next Big Thing @BrotherNerosBro  7h7 hours ago

Me after watching #Arrival

Lewis Arnold @LewisAEA  7h7 hours ago

#DenisVilleneuve continues to inspire with #Arrival giving me that buzz that I felt after watching #Enemy #Prisoners & #Sicario

Nicola Kerr @1Nicola  7h7 hours ago

#Arrival. WOW. That was very clever. Audacious Astonishing Alien first contact film with Amy Adams. Incredible soundtrack. #LFF

Gabby @gabbycorsini03  7h7 hours ago

I want to hug #AmyAdams for eternity though oh my god.. 6th Oscar nomination coming up just sayin ?#Arrival #LFF #Oscars2017

Gabby @gabbycorsini03  7h7 hours ago

#Arrival verdict: Another 10/10. I can't fault it! Next film: #TheBirthOfANation tomorrow night! Going to be hard to follow after tonight..

Ardy T @ardontaylor  7h7 hours agoOdeon Cinemas

Wow @whyaretheyhere was so good. Can't get to sleep. Still thinking about it. #Arrival #lff

Anne @intoarts_  6h6 hours ago

#Arrival left me with a bittersweet feeling..

Emma Jamieson @_HeadOverReels_  6h6 hours agoWandsworth, London

London premiere of #Arrival @bfi #LFF - a novel and beautifully shot take on the possibilities of alien life and time bending..@Renner4Real

Simon Harris @ingreenskies  6h6 hours ago

Oh also #Arrival was tremendous, genuinely smart, ballsy Sci fi with a solid, original human story at its core. Plus Amy Adams, duh #LFF2016

Simon Harris @ingreenskies  6h6 hours ago

Seriously, #Arrival is fantastic. Denis Villeneuve excellent as ever at treating the eyes and the brain. Blade Runner 2049 is in good hands.

Jade. @jadesalademu  5h5 hours ago

Day six: #Arrival - the film Midnight Special tried to be. #LFF

vickster51 @vickster51  5h5 hours ago

Still thinking about @whyaretheyhere #Arrival - such an intelligence and surprisingly emotional film.

Maya Kavanagh @MayaKav  4h4 hours ago

Got to see Denis Villeneuve's #Arrival tonight at @BFI #LFF. Truly remarkable achievement of sci-fi storytelling and Amy was sensational!

Estelle BALDASSIN @baldassin_e  4h4 hours ago

Estelle BALDASSIN Retweeted BFI

#Arrival is an amazing message of peace and show how human could be courageous and clerver! Thanks to @Renner4Real #AmyAdams and to the crew

Will Trouble 1/2 @Devilmath  19h19 hours ago

ARRIVAL is a film about comprehension that defies basic understanding. It creates meaning, it elevates its symbols, like a language. #LFF

James Bierman @Bierman71  6h6 hours ago

#Arrival tonight #LFF was fantastic. A great sci fi film about memory language & all that makes humanity worth fighting for. ??@filmnation

Mark Oosterveen @MarkOosterveen  8h8 hours ago

Just saw ARRIVAL at the London Film Festival, a brilliant sci-fi film about language and communication. Unexpectedly emotive and moving.

Guy Lodge @GuyLodge  8h8 hours ago

ARRIVAL (A-) Hello to language: human and aliens duel for inscrutability in inspired crocheting of personal, political and other unknowns.

Sarah Rappaport @SarahRapp  9h9 hours ago

ARRIVAL is the best film I've seen all year. So clever and gorgeous, just stellar filmmaking. Amy Adams is radiant. #LFF

Jack Sadler @JackSadler9  9h9 hours ago

Arrival. Wow. I am breathless. A stunning film. #LFF

Chris Blohm @chrisblohm  8h8 hours ago

Arrival. Hello/goodbye to language. The sum of all tears. Epic suspension of disbelief required, but my goodness, how rewarding. LOVED. #LFF

(Hobo) Eric Knopp @knoppleberry  8h8 hours ago

Arrival. Utterly brilliant and original sci-fi. Try not to know anything going in. Amy Adams! #DLMChallenge 155/366 5/5 #200movies #LFF

Grave Thomas  ? @Dave_BSH  8h8 hours agoCamden Town, London

The stupendously brilliant and gorgeous Amy Adams and the obnoxiously perfect @Renner4Real introduce the instant classic Arrival to #LFF

Katherine Butler @KathfromRaw  8h8 hours ago

Saw Villeneuve's elegant, moving, super-smart, dream-like Arrival at #LFF this morning. It's very beautiful and very sad.

Jesse Alter @jesse_a  8h8 hours ago

ARRIVAL: Amy Adams communicates w/ strange beings via unfamiliar symbols that disappear after a few secs. AKA when adults use Snapchat #LFF

Matt Sheriff @H9Sheriff  8h8 hours ago

Arrival, emotionally driven 'alien invasion' film which sheds light on our humanity, Amy Adams centres the film with power and grace #LFF

Claire Richards @magentabias  8h8 hours ago

#LFF Arrival. Emotional, thoughtful, awe inspiring sci-fi. Looks and sounds stunning.

Magico Martinez @magicomartinez  8h8 hours ago

Arrival is the best science-fiction film I've ever seen. Amy Adams was great but so was script, cinematography, editing, direction, etc #LFF

Katie Lopez @KatieLopez1984  8h8 hours ago

Back from seeing #Arrival at the #LFF: beautiful, melancholic, proper grown up sci-fi w/ Amy Adams & Jeremy Renner. Definite thumbs up @BFI

Paul CR @PaulCR_  7h7 hours ago

Arrival was fantastic at the #LFF Gala screening! It was such a privilege to watch such a refreshing story @BFI @whyaretheyhere

Jane @Applecott  6h6 hours ago

So, #Arrival was a really good film, different, beautiful and deeper than I had expected. Another great night @BFI #LFF