kayumanggi

BABY DRIVER | Sony | From Director Edgar Wright | On Digital HD 9/12, DVD and Blu-Ray 10/10

1 minute ago, LateReg said:

I don't think that's true. Judging by the film polls of the best films of the decade by fandor and the AV Club in 2015, the movie has gained in support. It placed in the top 40 of both lists.

On http://www.theyshootpictures.com/21stcentury_allfilms_table.php

It lost more than 100 place last year thought, 556 from 437.

While Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead went up (bit time for Shaun to 131)

It is a movie that start so good but to a pace that I'm not sure can work for a full feature movie (versus a short) that it lost is energy in the way to me and didn't had much choice to do so.

I saw this film back in April and it was one of the most kickass films I've seen this year. And today at work I met Edgar Wright 19510429_1743545225686282_98490105323769And Ansel Elgort19424550_1743545229019615_54287912940954 It was genuinely a fantastic moment. 

Edgar Wright is still one of the best screenwriters in the business in Hollywood working today. The movie runs on two things; it’s humor and its music. Even the action sequences move on both rhythm and beats. It’s pretty badass all the way through. I’ve never seen a gunfight symphony in film before, and I’m pretty amazed at the execution of it.

The movie has the unique Edgar Wright style you expect from a car to a person’s silhouette transitioning from one scene to another to a person talking on the phone as the film’s score blares over the conversation then stop right when the person hangs up. It has all that unique comic book feel that was influenced from Scott Pilgrim.

http://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//baby-driver-review

• Like 6

Damn. He'll of an action, heist charmer with killer tunes to accentuate each and every bouncing action beat. Bit too flat emotionally to really knock me out with a lead that's infinitely less watchable than just about everyone and everything else on screen to say I loved it. But, fuck, that style. Gonna be a a WOM monster. 

B+/B

Surprised at how packed my showing was... This one's breaking out.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Guillermo Del Toro's review of this was pretty great:

"A long, long time ago (my generation's youth) a maverick filmmaker named Walter Hill made two promises. One: he made a great action flick called THE DRIVER. Two: he promised us, in MEAN STREETS "A Rock N'Roll Fable". Both movies gave our generation a shot of adrenaline.

Now, decades later, Edgar Wright fulfills both promises with the breathtaking BABY DRIVER. The key to understanding it fully- at least for me- is in the fact that it is a fable, complete with its very own Disney prince and princess, but it is also rock n' roll. Meaning- the magic exists in a dirty, genre-tainted world. The film is incredibly precise. Flawlessly executed to its smallest detail: breathtaking Russian arm shots, real-world car mount and foot chases executed with the vigour and bravado of a Gene Kelly musical.This is An American In Paris on wheels and crack smoke.

Its a movie in love with cinema- the high of cinema and motion n love with color and light and lenses and film. But, unlike Edgar's previous films (all of which I love) this stakes new, unironic territory. This is earnest and unprotected . It wears Edgar's heart on its sleeve. It's a riff- a beautiful riff and in many ways send his career in a new direction. It shows us tricks and tunes he hadn't played before. The cast is in a state of grace and so is the entire crew. Imagine that as a carpenter you encounter a precious, precise, exquisite piece of cabinetry. This is how I feel.

I've always liked Edgar. But this moved me. It moved me to see a fellow filmmaker come out of a debacle with a movie that declares his credo again. I hope & pray you go and see it on a big screen. I wish you all the joy I felt: I just saw a good pal get the gold. By God- go check it out.".

https://twitter.com/RealGDT/status/879813551237595138

• Like 9

The movie is good. Possibly really good. It's executed with an amazing precision. It's less of a comedy than Wright's previous films, but there are numerous funny bits.

The standout bit, though, is the sound design. It's one of the best aural experiences ever in a film.

Look forward to seeing it. The Wright is da bomb. Love Scott Pilgrim (fuck da haters, it's my favorite EW film :)) and Hot Fuzz, and really like Shaun Of The Dead too. Have never seen World's End, for whatever reason that may have to do w/the general consensus that it's not all that great. BUT STILL.

4 hours ago, Rey said:

Ansel is fine, he can inseminate my mouth.

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

My brother (who saw it last night without me uggg) said it wasn't very good

Your brother is wrong.

But Ansel was probably the weak link in the movie. Not bad, but nothing to write home about other than physical components of his acting

• Like 2

Yes, because no one else in this world liked Beauty and the Beast.  2.9X off a 174 mill OW indicates that plenty of people liked it.  

• Like 2