kayumanggi

BABY DRIVER | Sony | From Director Edgar Wright | On Digital HD 9/12, DVD and Blu-Ray 10/10

This movie is going to flop SO bad.

Edgar Wright is fucking CURSED.

His biggest movie was that MASSIVE Scott Pilgrim flop 31m DOM, which for some reason was made even if it ONLY appealed to Comic Con fanboys.

He single handedly delayed Ant-man for years when it was being developed besides Iron Man, preventing the Ant from becoming an Avengers founder, and bailed on the movie when they were getting ready to shoot? Who the hell does that?

Just now, Mojoguy said:

His biggest movie was that MASSIVE Scott Pilgrim flop 31m DOM, which for some reason was made even if it ONLY appealed to Comic Con fanboys.

He single handedly delayed Ant-man for years when it was being developed besides Iron Man, preventing the Ant from becoming an Avengers founder, and bailed on the movie when they were getting ready to shoot? Who the hell does that?

Can you stop?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Image result for you really need to relax

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Define flop. If it's under 60m, then sure, but that's an unrealistic number anyways.

This should do above the average Wright film in theaters, and do well on HV, which will be good enough. Esp. since the budget won't be too big.

Edited by franfar

I feel for the guy, but he had his chance with a blockbuster with Ant-Man but he skipped town. Bad form.

He also destroyed Michael Cera's career with Scott Pilgrim. What career you say? I hate Cera, so I guess this was a good thing.

Now back to Baby Driver, what's the appeal here? Which audience is this movie going for? Will people show up JUST because it is a Edgar Wright film, which has never helped him much in the past much, or does it look appealing on it's own?

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I feel for the guy, but he had his chance with a blockbuster with Ant-Man but he skipped town. Bad form.

He also destroyed Michael Cera's career with Scott Pilgrim. What career you say? I hate Cera, so I guess this was a good thing.

Now back to Baby Driver, what's the appeal here? Which audience is this movie going for? Will people show up JUST because it is a Edgar Wright film, which has never helped him much in the past much, or does it look appealing on it's own?

I have a lot of casual movie-going friends that refer to this as 'that cool lookin' car chase movie' and they all want to check it out purely because they saw a trailer for it in-front of Transformers. 

These same people didn't know the name 'Edgar Wright' when I mentioned his filmography.

People are aware of it. Just because people aren't profusely talking about this film or worshiping it's director doesn't mean they won't go see it. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

This post does not make any sense, wasn't Wright basically booted from Ant-Man by marvel? and how did he ruin Cera's career? Cara has had a perfectly fine career and Scott Pilgrim is a very well liked film with a decent size cult following.

Also most people don't even know who Edgar Wright is and the ones who do love him, this movie has had a great marketing campaign, stiller critical ratings and should do decent at the BO becuase it looks more accessible then most of his other films, it's not a blockbuster though so it's not like it's going to be lighting up twitter like Spider-Man or Wonder Woman.

• Like 1

Just now, aabattery said:

Michael Cera actually has 7 movies coming out this year. His career is fine.

Funny how he seems to be appearing in a bunch of stuff this year after so many quiet years in obscurity (This is the End was the only wide release he appeared in between Scott Pilgrim and Sausage Party). I'm guessing being typecast in nerd-type roles didn't help.

• Like 1

I'm interested in this movie because of the cast, the jokes, especially the Michael Myers one and because it looks pretty damn cool.  

I have no interest in it because of Edgar Wright.  In fact, I only know the name because of this website.  

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm interested in this movie because of the cast, the jokes, especially the Michael Myers one and because it looks pretty damn cool.  

I have no interest in it because of Edgar Wright.  In fact, I only know the name because of this website.  

Spoiler

The joke is shown in its entirety in the trailer.

• Like 1