kayumanggi

PITCH PERFECT III | 12.22.17 | Universal | trailer 1 on page 8

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Haven't seen the second one, but this really feels like a step down from the first.

Take the Ethan/WrathofHan endorsement and watch it

edit: the second one that is

Edited by Ethan Hunt

A lot of people can be asking why or whatever but as "bad" as the second one was it still made $288M on a budget of $29M so for the studio it made perfect sense to release a third one. 

Having said that, they were smart giving it a holiday release because if this movie was released in the summer i don't know how it would fare. But the holidays will give it some really good legs and we will probably be getting Pitch Perfect 4 by 2019. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

What a surprise, members of BOT trashing out a female franchise, I can't wait to see their faces once that it ends above expectations at both Box Office and Critics. 

I like both Pitch Perfect movies but this doesn't look good lol. I'll still see it anyway, hopefully it's just a bad trailer.

Meh, I don't think the second one was so bad. Still lots of funny moments. Just an obvious step down from the first and the jokes that don't work are pretty cringe. Like was the racist stereotype character necessary? Really? And Hailee Steinfeld's romantic subplot was gross.

This one definitely seems to have up-ed the zany factor. Don't know what's going down with all the explosions but the December release date is perfect. With the franchise fatigue that's been going on, I can't see this touching the 2nd film's gross but it should still be really big. For now, I'm expecting 120-160.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

What a surprise, members of BOT trashing out a female franchise, I can't wait to see their faces once that it ends above expectations at both Box Office and Critics. 

Trailer looks great anyways, I hope it will be more like the second one that is far better than the original movie.

You know I'm one of the biggest supporters of PP2 but the trailer isn't good. I just don't know without Elizabeth Banks directing

1 hour ago, nomyth said:

Meh, I don't think the second one was so bad. Still lots of funny moments. Just an obvious step down from the first and the jokes that don't work are pretty cringe. Like was the racist stereotype character necessary? Really? And Hailee Steinfeld's romantic subplot was gross.

This one definitely seems to have up-ed the zany factor. Don't know what's going down with all the explosions but the December release date is perfect. With the franchise fatigue that's been going on, I can't see this touching the 2nd film's gross but it should still be really big. For now, I'm expecting 120-160.

The first was pretty racist too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

32 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm firmly in the camp that thinks 2 is better than 1. The first is a meh studio comedy, but I feel like the second embraces what it is. That 20 minute stretch in David Cross's dungeon was great.

Yesssssssss hannnnñnnnnñnnnnnnn

52 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The first was pretty racist too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's been a while since I've seen the first but nothing I can recall is as bad as the entire character of Flo in PP2. Each of her lines are so cringe.

I agree about the David Cross scene tho. And I love all the Das Sound Machine jokes. There's a lot of funny there.