kayumanggi

PITCH PERFECT III | 12.22.17 | Universal | trailer 1 on page 8

On 9/25/2017 at 2:09 PM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

The second one was liked even more than the original movie by a lot of persons (myself included), but of course, the group of persons that think that a sequel can’t never be so good as it’s original, will be always more vocal, to give that false impression that the second one was rejected or something like this. 

I imagine by yes lot maybe even over a million person. Those movies were watched by 10 of millions that is a bit trivial, that would be true for pretty much every sequels.

But audience score on RT went from 83 to 67, IMDB from 72 to 66, Letterbox 67 to 58, Cinemascore went from A to A- (and for the second one it was a sequel with fan only in the audience).

Rejected is ridiculous, all the metric above are above 50, A- cinemascore is not low even for a sequel, 2.67x legs is not low either for that giant opening sequel, but it definitely didn't show sign that it would stop the usual movie sequels decline.

Glee phenomenon also went from is peak in 2011, to lowest in 2015 to the show being gone now.

That said:

most-talked-about-movies-11-27-17.jpg&ke

Trailer views: 26.66m

Twitter positive index through the roof

Perfect counter programming rare direct appeal to woman this holiday season

No reason for doom and gloom, it should easily decline, but still do a giant 100-135m domestic and close to 100m intl, the metrics seem to indicate that the franchise fans will be there, what is the indication that the hype is gone ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

OK, but Last Jedi is supposed to fare better than the opening of Rogue One with an estimated $200M, plus we have what is expected to be strong holiday counterprogramming in Sony’s Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (five-day opening industry estimate $37M-plus), Universal’s Pitch Perfect 3 ($30M-$35M) and 20th Century Fox’s musical The Greatest Showman ($24M-plus over five days). So taking the difference between 2015 and 2016’s year-end grosses at $1.4 billion, the box office would land at $11.1B, off 2.4%.

From DHD

• Like 1

While I agree that the hype of the franchise is mostly gone, it can’t be understated that with the first two they tapped into an audience who will see the trilogy through.  And as others have stated it’s not an uncommon opinion to hear the sequel is more liked.  I thought it was about half as good as the original personally.  Trailers haven’t gotten much of a reaction but the counterprogamming is solid.  Right now I’m thinking something like 40 over the 5 day and 100-110 total.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Wow that $30m number from today’s tracking is a major comedown from the previous film. 

To be fair, the previous movie opened in the middle of May, while this one is opening right before Christmas, when grosses are more spread out.

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

I think this one is going to be tank city unless the reviews are really good.  It looks terrible, so my guess is it bombs spectacularly.  

My wife is still going to insist on watching this, but I think on this one I am actually going to put my foot down and say I can't do it and offer to clean our place instead....  And believe me that is not a decision I take lightly

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

My wife is still going to insist on watching this, but I think on this one I am actually going to put my foot down and say I can't do it and offer to clean our place instead....  And believe me that is not a decision I take lightly

“Offer” to clean the house that you live in?

Wow, what a treat. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

“Offer” to clean the house that you live in?

Wow, what a treat. 

ha, little silly to put a sarcastic commentary in without knowing details (details I assumed no one would care about).  Obviously I'd be doing her share of the shared responsibilities...and yes, nothing will make her happier than that.  The point being I will not being seeing this movie

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2017 at 12:20 PM, SoSaysI said:

I really liked the first one and enjoyed the second but holy crap this looks awful.

It does look awful but honestly the first movie was one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. As a guy it just makes me cringe. Then again my GF hates it too, but her mom loves it and has seen it about 15 times no joke. Her best two guy friends are a gay couple and they also love it and have seen it 5-10 times I think. 

It clearly has an audience but my god the entire movie for me is the strongest sort of second hand embarrassment like I just feel awkward watching it. It’s SO bad. I can’t believe there’s a third dose of misery. Ugh.