kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

18 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Question for spidey experts. Why does Miles go by Miles Morales when his parents are still married and his dad's last name is Davis? 

His father Jefferson, took his mother's maiden name, likely trying to seperate himself from his shady past. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

His father Jefferson, took his mother's maiden name, likely trying to seperate himself from his shady past. 

Not sure if that's the case in the film, and I'm really glad that we are not going for the ex con black guy stereotype for Jefferson. Jefferson is seen sporting Davis as his surname in the trailer. I think Miles uses Morales because people mock him because of "Miles Davis". It goes well with Jefferson being such a cool dork in the trailer. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RealLyre said:

This looks fucking BRILLIANT. It's incredible how much of an incredible character Miles can be with the right creators team. Bendis almost buried his own character to the ground making him run in circles and be Peter-Parker-Man instead of his own kid. Now THAT'S a character that I can see worthy of the Spider-Man's mantle. The use of Spider-Verse to explain how he exists it's freaking genius. Dan Slott is the best Spider-Man writer of this generation, and that includes Miles Morales. 

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

ANd I think the Spidey animated movie is a bigger wildcard then "Aquaman " or "Alita".

Look,not all these big Christmas released are going to make it . At least two are going end up losing money. Yes, the Holiday season is big, but not big enough to make all these films within a short period of time a hit.

MPR is the only one I would say is a pretty safe bet. (And that with the provision that it's at least a decent movie. If it sucks,all bets are off). It will be interesting to see which of the others survive. But th

:sadno:

Aquaman>>>>Mary Poppins>Animated SM movie, and  it will be easy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

I do think that Spider-Man is breaking out, and breaking out HARD. 

I don't think people understimating this film truly understand: It's not just that Miles Morales has the potential to breakout with families like a mini Black Panther animation box office story. It's SPIDER-MAN. It's Spider-Man, for kids, with a sick animation AND featuring Miles, Peter, Spider-Gwen and god knows how much of the Spider-Verse. This is shaping up as the most interesting animation of the year, and this is ONE HELL of a strong year for animation withh I2 and WiR2. This has fucking INSANE potential, and Sony is doing literally everything right so far.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Not sure if that's the case in the film, and I'm really glad that we are not going for the ex con black guy stereotype for Jefferson. Jefferson is seen sporting Davis as his surname in the trailer. I think Miles uses Morales because people mock him because of "Miles Davis". It goes well with Jefferson being such a cool dork in the trailer. 

yes now that I think of it I remember this in a comic I read actually. He introduced himself as Miles Davis and said he didn't go by that because of the musician lol. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

First modern black led animated movie I think. We could see a cultural phenomenon similar to BP

princess and the frog came out in 2009. not completely un modern lmao.  There was also Home with Rihanna 

I def agree this could break out. Especially because those were targeted more towards girls 

Edited by ban1o

59 minutes ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

:sadno:

Aquaman>>>>Mary Poppins>Animated SM movie, and  it will be easy.

Here comes the DCU fanboys...

And I heard this song before with Justice League....

Edited by dudalb
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

December looks more to me like:

1. Mary Poppins

2. Aquaman

3. Bumblebee

4. Spiderverse

5. Mortal Engines

6. Alita

As interesting as this animation looks, it's still a Spiderman cartoon.

That is why I think Spidey  is being wildly over predicted. I am very skeptical that the GA will go to any animated Comic Book Hero film in large numbers. Yeah,the fanbase will show up  but how many casuals? I

(Yes, I know people will scream "Incredibles!" but IMHO it's apples and organges.

But I think the Alita will probably sneak in at #3 over Bumblebee. I think the Bayformer universe is simply out of gas with the GA.

I think people mistake the fact that Black Panther had alot of black culture that made it break out more than just being an all black cast from the first trailer we saw the african inspired clothing, the lip plates, African markings on the body from the skin to the designs.

Its the same reason why I chuckle whenever people really think a cyborg film is gonna breakout like Black Panther but I do think this could somewhat breakout. I'm actually surprised Sony hasn't announced a Miles movie yet for their universe and just leave Spidey to the MCU movies

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Looks like this might be the December movies ranked from highest to lowest DOM:

1. Mary Poppins

2. Spiderverse

3. Bumblebee

4. Aquaman

5. Alita

6. Mortal Engines

Aquaman will have no problem beating out Spiderverse and Bumblebee unless it is total turkey a la JL.

And I am no DCU fanboy...

4 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

I think people mistake the fact that Black Panther had alot of black culture that made it break out more than just being an all black cast from the first trailer we saw the african inspired clothing, the lip plates, African markings on the body from the skin to the designs.

Its the same reason why I chuckle whenever people really think a cyborg film is gonna breakout like Black Panther but I do think this could somewhat breakout. I'm actually surprised Sony hasn't announced a Miles movie yet for their universe and just leave Spidey to the MCU movies

Because they don't want to screwe around with two different universes in the same franchise.