kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

8 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

This trailer getting a surprising amount of attention and interest is definitely  bad news for both AQM and MPR. Parts of its demo could spillover into both of those and really affect them if this goes 200+. A lot of us weren’t counting on this making a big dent 

Ehh, doubtful.  This comes out early enough that it’ll be the one that has to give up some screens for Poppins, which gets the full holiday advantage.

It’s usually the movie that comes out prior that gets hurt

3 hours ago, narniadis said:

@MovieMan89 This ^^

The rather barren family slate not withstanding, we go through this about every 5/6 years which oh yeah, would be about when Frozen 1 was also released... its a normative cycle, in addition to the fact that no one wants to be potentially buried underneath Elsa's winter.... That being said, the first was lighting in a bottle and will be hard pressed to top 350m IMO....

I dunno. It all depends on the music imo. If the sequel has as big a hit as Let it Go, it’s a wrap. The kids will eat it up and demand repeat visits. The little mermaid had under the sea, BaTB had Be our guest, Aladdin had Prince Ali, friend like me and a whole new world, lion king had Elton John’s can you feel the love tonight, circle of life and be prepared, pocohantas had Vanessa Williams’ Colors of the Wind, Mulan has Christina Aguilera’s Reflection. You can almost chart the success of the 90s Disney’s animated films based off the success of their music and I don’t think much has changed only there’s less chart toppers these days Frozen harkens back to that golden age of success for Disney 🎶🎵.

Edited by MrSinister
Let it goo let it goo, the sequels bribing Adele

This trailer is about to pass the Bumblebee trailer in views on youtube making it the most viewed trailer out of all the new trailers that came out. This could definitely over preform. 

Edited by ban1o

13 hours ago, MrSinister said:

I dunno. It all depends on the music imo. If the sequel has as big a hit as Let it Go, it’s a wrap. The kids will eat it up and demand repeat visits. The little mermaid had under the sea, BaTB had Be our guest, Aladdin had Prince Ali, friend like me and a whole new world, lion king had Elton John’s can you feel the love tonight, circle of life and be prepared, pocohantas had Vanessa Williams’ Colors of the Wind, Mulan has Christina Aguilera’s Reflection. You can almost chart the success of the 90s Disney’s animated films based off the success of their music and I don’t think much has changed only there’s less chart toppers these days Frozen harkens back to that golden age of success for Disney 🎶🎵.

Not to get too OT in here, but Frozen 2 is facing an uphill battle for mass appeal on the scale of the first film. Young girls have completely engulfed and taken over the franchise's fandom ever since the first film came out. Frozen 2 is going to face a boy stigma the first did not because of that. Not to mention all of the adults who are sick to high hell of anything Frozen after how it permeated pop culture in the years after its release. Lots of those are the same people who may have gone and seen the first film and even liked it at the time, but now never want anything to do with the franchise again. So basically I think  F2 will have a huge OW driven by all the little girls out there who will be frothing at the mouths to see it, but after that I can see it having unusually poor legs for animation because I don't see anywhere near 4 quad appeal this time. 

• Like 2

I view it as a sign of confidence when a prominent actor such as Nicholas Cage signs onto voice role such as this. I mean, talent doesn't always mean quality, but still. I'm definitely interested in how this plays out.

The more I think about it, the more excited I am about this project. The animation style is rediscovering the lost fluidity of hand-drawn, 2D animation, and I applaud them for doing so.

34 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I view it as a sign of confidence when a prominent actor such as Nicholas Cage signs onto voice role such as this. I mean, talent doesn't always mean quality, but still. I'm definitely interested in how this plays out.

The more I think about it, the more excited I am about this project. The animation style is rediscovering the lost fluidity of hand-drawn, 2D animation, and I applaud them for doing so.

Have you seen the films that Cage has been making over the last decade plus?  This, Teen Titans an Mandy might signal a return to quality for him but he's made a ton of garbage (far more than even before) since his tax problems

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/nicolas_cage

Edited by TalismanRing

3 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

The theory is that at the end of the trailer, when Miles asks, "How many Spider-People are there?" and Peter's "Wait till Comic Con" reply, is a literal hint that they are going to reveal all the Spider-Men/Women/Animals appearing in this at SDCC.

I was thinking the same thing when I first heard the line tbh. It seems so random otherwise.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:22 PM, TalismanRing said:

Have you seen the films that Cage has been making over the last decade plus?  This, Teen Titans an Mandy might signal a return to quality for him but he's made a ton of garbage (far more than even before) since his tax problems

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/nicolas_cage

I think the term "Washed Up" can be applied to Nicholas Cage. Getting him to do voice work is no great casting coup.