kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

On 12/17/2018 at 2:04 AM, OdinSon2k14 said:

I dunno...the animation looked...odd at times...it was nicely drawn? But when the characters moved, it looked like the frame rate was low. Wasnt exactly "choppy"? But...almost choppy. 

It was SO choppy it could give you seizures.

There's 10 seconds of good footage in the whole movie - and it sticks like a sore thumb, because it shows they COULD have made the whole movie good - but they decided to be cheap (fucks).

AND of course, they used those 10 seconds in all trailers - to deceive the poor audience! Deceivers! Let them burn...

On 12/16/2018 at 7:09 PM, MrPink said:

Seems like it's doing bad in most places tbh.

Hahaha, of course, what would you expect??

My showing (best day and hour) had only the Shay and two old nerds, who used to laugh at every adolescent joke - until I gave them the bad eye...

Edited by shayhiri

9 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

It was SO choppy it could give you seizures.

There's 10 seconds of good footage in the whole movie - and it sticks like a sore thumb, because it shows they COULD have made the whole movie good - but they decided to be cheap (fucks).

AND of course, they used those 10 seconds in all trailers - to deceive the poor audience! Deceivers! Let them burn...

This seems so odd since interpolation is so easy to implement to up the frame rate.

Trying to determine a good time to see this. Now that I'm working over the holidays it'll be hard. Have to see this, Poppins, Aquaman, and Bumblebee (and there's a good chance my theater will also get Holmes/Watson or Vice as well) while I'm still working there so I can go for free. 

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Trying to determine a good time to see this. Now that I'm working over the holidays it'll be hard. Have to see this, Poppins, Aquaman, and Bumblebee (and there's a good chance my theater will also get Holmes/Watson or Vice as well) while I'm still working there so I can go for free. 

Prioritize this one first, one of the cleanest movies of the year.

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I just saw the Holmes/Watson trailer before Mortal Engines last weekend (seeing that was kind of a triumph of hope over experience. I mean, it *could* have been ok, it just wasn't), and I'm actually getting excited for it.

Edited by Wrath

ALL FIVE songs from the Spidey Christmas album are up on Sony Animation's youtube account!

(Head over there for the other 2)

Be warned for anybody that has not seen the movie, some of these are slightly spoilerish, at least in regards to who is singing the songs. (But it should be okay to post here, since it's officially released from Sony.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQ_gjeFMRA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9R-TTjqBpE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7erNe4HjmAE

• Like 1

Yep, the rumors are true, this is the best CGI superhero movie out of ... 4 movies ?

Maybe 5.

Congrats !

Everything this movie does, it can do it because of the nature of the medium.

Very few things Spidey-verse does would translate well  or would be possible to do in a live action setting. 

Remember when Ang-Lee tried to make a live action superhero film to look like a comic- strip ?

Good times.

Also, style is substance

and Spidey-werse stylistic flourishes exist BECAUSE it is CGI, none of these flourishes would work in a live setting.

I am not saying the movie isn't freaking great, it is, I am saying the comparisons with live action superheroes is unfair at best. ( I d say plain wrong)