kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

Box Office Mojo is predicting a $19.1M weekend for this. That would take it above $100M by Sunday. At that point, decent holds would get it to $140-150M, which is pretty solid. WOM is pretty strong and it’s had pretty good weekdays, so I can see this having some legs. This was never gonna pull live action superhero numbers.

• Like 2

Just now, nick64 said:

Box Office Mojo is predicting a $19.1M weekend for this. That would take it above $100M by Sunday. At that point, decent holds would get it to $140-150M, which is pretty solid. WOM is pretty strong and it’s had pretty good weekdays, so I can see this having some legs. This was never gonna pull live action superhero numbers.

Exactly, I underestimated how much it being animated would be perceived completely differently. I think we can be happy with whatever this ends up getting. Wouldn't be surprised if the title is a big hit on home video though. But it is always a bummer when superb films don't get the love they deserve. 

• Like 1

Surprisingly exceeded my expectations, even with all the hype. I cried 3 times. Went with my friend, teenage sister and 6 year old brother and they all liked it. My brother now thinks he’s Spider-Man lol. Wants to watch it again and he kept asking when he could watch the sequel. Also, there were 3 kids dressed up in various Spider-Man costumes in the theater. Fun, funny and heartwarming movie. 

• Like 2

I'm amazed at one thing the legs in this film are amazing even if it may not look like it. The film was sold out at a showing yesterday granted the theatre could only fit 90 people but still damn impressive.

It also just past $200 million worldwide which is great

Edited by Cappoedameron

On 12/28/2018 at 7:55 AM, imbruglia said:

such a shame. this deserve huge success..

they should've released this sooner or later with less competition in the market.

Competition wouldn't make much of a difference, people just prefer live action and if they do go for animated they want proper animation, not Anime like animation. Its amazing it's making as much as it is

4 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Competition wouldn't make much of a difference, people just prefer live action and if they do go for animated they want proper animation, not Anime like animation. Its amazing it's making as much as it is

Yeah, no. 

Latin American openings for example, clearly show that it was being held back by competition. There isn't any other reason why this would bomb in Chile and Bolivia on OW but not in Perú or Mexico where it was released later with softer competition, especially considering that animation tastes in the region are broadly similar. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Yeah, no. 

Latin American openings for example, clearly show that it was being held back by competition. There isn't any other reason why this would bomb in Chile and Bolivia on OW but not in Perú or Mexico where it was released later with softer competition, especially considering that animation tastes in the region are broadly similar. 

I told you all this movie would disappoint because people just aren't interested, no-one agreed and now I'm right there's people like you blaming competition. No it's disappointing because there's a lack of interest in this type of film, stop using excuses. It only opened to 36m in America, are we going to blame competition for it's low opening there despite opening in an empty schedule?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jessie said:

I told you all this movie would disappoint because people just aren't interested, no-one agreed and now I'm right there's people like you blaming competition. No it's disappointing because there's a lack of interest in this type of film, stop using excuses. It only opened to 36m in America, are we going to blame competition for it's low opening there despite opening in an empty schedule?

I'm talking about worldwide because Domestic is doing very good. Is going to gross more than other "real animation" movies from Sony like both Cloudies and emoji movie. 

And tell me, what explains the difference between the LA openings if isn't competition?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

I'm talking about worldwide because Domestic is doing very good. Is going to gross more than other "real animation" movies from Sony like both Cloudies and emoji movie. 

And tell me, what explains the difference between the LA openings if isn't competition?

This is Spider-Man we are Talking about here, he should be outgrossing the likes of the despised emoji movie

I didn't say competition had no effect, I said it didn't have much of an effect. The biggest effect was the movie itself, you can talk about how competition held this and that back slightly but at the end of the day films people want to see tend to trump their competition, this wasn't one of those films because people simply didn't want to see it

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 8:44 PM, MrPink said:

I really feel like that something like 150m DOM and 150m OS would be really good for the film, but idk. I have a bad feeling on the rush to presume that the sterling reviews is gonna equate to big success

Jessie sits on a throne of LIES. I WAS HERE TOO

Edited by MrPink