kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

https://variety.com/2019/film/in-contention/oscars-2019-final-predictions-1203135983/

Interesting... Variety thinks that ITSV should have had 2 more Oscar noms (Adapted Screenplay and Sound Editing)

I agree, it could've easily been in those. And it would have been nice to get some noms in other categories for animated films to finally acknowledge them as something else than "kids movies". Guess we have to wait a little bit longer for a more wide acceptance in that regard 😕

Edited by Inuyaki
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 3:38 PM, Inuyaki said:

https://variety.com/2019/film/in-contention/oscars-2019-final-predictions-1203135983/

Interesting... Variety thinks that ITSV should have had 2 more Oscar noms (Adapted Screenplay and Sound Editing)

I agree, it could've easily been in those. And it would have been nice to get some noms in other categories for animated films to finally acknowledge them as something else than "kids movies". Guess we have to wait a little bit longer for a more wide acceptance in that regard 😕

no, 3. Best Picture. There, I said it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

It's literally impossible to come up with an argument for how Bohemian Rhapsody and Vice are better films. 

Vice is, at the very least, better than Green Book which you forgot to mention. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Vice is, at the very least, better than Green Book which you forgot to mention. 

Off-topic, but can we please stop bullying MovieMan for liking Green Book? He's not harming anybody and he's clearly not gonna change his mind at all. Just let him be

Anyway, cool to see this getting a re-release. Probably the first time  an animated movie has gotten a post-Oscars release like this.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

by arguing in favor of the film on its own merits rather than by using outside sources as proof?

I mean fair enough, but anyone's opinion of a movie can simply be dismissed as is.. their own opinion. If I wanted to say A Quiet Place is a shitty movie, that's really just my opinion, just as valid as me saying it was a spectacular movie, because either way it's just my opinion. If I say the directing was great, the acting was great, the script was tight and sharp, and the movie played extremely well with the genre, with its use of sound blah blah blah… those are all my opinions of the technical aspects of the movie (they would be correct, but that's beside the point).

I think at this point, what with everyone who likes Green Book being shit on by this site, it's not enough to say "oh yea, I think the acting was awesome, great script, touching story blah blah blah" because anyone saying that would be written off. So at this point you've got to back up your opinion with, as you called them, outside sources. It's box office staying power, A+ grade, and Best Picture win are pretty compelling arguments that many many people think it's a good film.