Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I doubt TDK's average ticket price was that high. Plus Avatar did twice the number compared to TDK in just Imax at slightly higher price. There is no way the gap is that much. But one can just argue. We need market by market split and tickets sale by format to come to conclusion and we will never have that data.

I think we can agree it wasn't a 20m ticket gap, though I'm sure Kal will fight to death on that one (no matter how delusional his points are).

I figure a more interesting comparison is between the superhero movies: TDK, SM1, TA1. All three of them are around 70m admissions and it's close enough that I'm honestly not sure which one was bigger. They all had amazing runs though, no doubt about that.

LOL at 1.2B from home video. That market has crashed a while ago. I thought cable rights/broadcast rights would be worth more.

Same with merchandising rights. I see more Marvel stuff today than I did four years ago. 

Snoop you understand the law of diminishing returns right? ESP for how it applies to sequels & potential profitability??

Marvel theme parks are coming though.

Disney is in it for the long run.

Snoop you understand to concept of law of diminishing returns right? ESP for how it applies to sequels & potential profitability??

Yes I do. I don;t think Avengers 2 overall will earn as much of a profit for Marvel/Disney but it is going to earn them a lot of money in the end. 

I think we can agree it wasn't a 20m ticket gap, though I'm sure Kal will fight to death on that one (no matter how delusional his points are).

I figure a more interesting comparison is between the superhero movies: TDK, SM1, TA1. All three of them are around 70m admissions and it's close enough that I'm honestly not sure which one was bigger. They all had amazing runs though, no doubt about that.

TDK - 73M

SM1 - 70M

TA - 65M

It's really not close enough that we can't say, there's a decent gap between all 3.  We had this conversation 3 years ago as well  :lol: You're just ridiculously pessimistic with TDK/TDKR

Iron Man 3 only made $200m profit from WW home video according to Deadline. $1.2b is a joke number.

I love this, "Only 200 million dollars profit"

• Like 2

TDK - 73M

SM1 - 70M

TA - 65M

It's really not close enough that we can't say, there's a decent gap between all 3.  We had this conversation 3 years ago as well  :lol: You're just ridiculously pessimistic with TDK/TDKR

No I'm not. Are you accounting for the fact SM1/TA1 were magnets for little kids while TDK wasn't? Are you accounting for the fact SM1 had zero boost from IMAX? I think all three of them are in a similar spot when you account for everything (kid prices, IMAX, 3D, inflation, etc.).