Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

So there's a good chance this misses 500M :ph34r:

It is gonna end with similar numbers to Iron Man 3. Without RDJ, no Marvel movie will even come close to 400M again.

It is worth repeating that if this was ANY other movie everyone would be going crazy at how massive the weekend is.

Perspective people.

I'm sure everyone will declare $500 million now out of the question but we'll just have to see how it holds next weekend.

• Like 2

First Update, Sunday AM: Refresh for updates. If you think about it for a minute: The Avengers really did beat Ultron — at the box office, that is. Walt Disney Pictures is calling the opening weekend for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron at $187.7M this morning, making it the second highest opening weekend of all-time at the domestic B.O., behind 2012’s Avengers $207.4M. Now the question becomes how high can these superheros fly? Avengers turned around a 3x multiple of its bow for a final stateside cume of $623.4M — and that’s off an A+ CinemaScore which typically carries an average 4.8x multiple. Ultron earned an A, which typically translates into a 3.6x multiple, which would put the sequel well north of $650M per that B.O

http://deadline.com/2015/05/avengers-age-of-ultron-thursday-box-office-1201419080/

That might be the worst box office analysis I've ever read.

• Like 3

It has nothing to do with that. When I am giving actual estimates and not just projections, all extreme/pessimist prediction goes out the window, and I focus on what the movie truly value in terms of box office.

I really believe this movie will not even stay flat from Friday's numbers. It will decrease. People are saying you can do two things at once (like watching a major boxing event and going to the movies). I don't. Plus, there are more sporting events for today Saturday (Kentucky derby, game 7 in NBA playoffs). It's like a big storm all together.

People say whatever they want that this won't affect the number. I don't agree to that.

I really believe Thursday's previews (outgrossing the original midnight movie by $8 million) and Friday decreasing value (compared to original) will make Saturday's number way less than Friday's. Add sporting events in this country and you get a killer day.

But what do I know?....It's just my observation.

What is Saturday's number?.

It is worth repeating that if this was ANY other movie everyone would be going crazy at how massive the weekend is.

Perspective people.

I'm sure everyone will declare $500 million now out of the question but we'll just have to see how it holds next weekend.

500mil is gone.

• Like 1