Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Only increased 0.5% on Saturday from the non-preview Friday number. All of the sport events must have had a pretty big impact, but it also seems the movie is just a lot more frontloaded for the weekend than any Marvel movie we've come across. Crazy to see.

The frontloadness of AoU being a sequel is already showing up? :blink:

You also said any sub $500M predictions were laughable. So you have zero room to talk about nonsense posts.

Well it did seem ridiculous at the time. Doesn't change what I said about that guy's post.

This terrible! Disney can't handle this kind of hit! They will have to take drastic measures to cover that loss. No doubt this means Epcot center will have to close and that's just tragic.

And why did they have the schedule that stupid fight for this weekend instead of next weekend? Mother's Day is a great time to punch someone in the face!

I think they get mad at people who're happy about this 'disappointing' number? :lol:

As long as they don't let him take up all the spotlight I'm fine with it.. I love AOU because Tony Stark got less screen time. :)

One can stand to argue that AOU didn't do as well because Stark got less screen time  ;)

I'm joking, of course.

I know it seems ridiculous to complain when something has the second highest opening ever. but 187m is a bit of a disappointment. that's only $14m higher than IM3.

I think one main reason why many think the OW is disappointing is because they know this won't have the multiplier the first one had. Using the OW as a basis, 500 M, which is already 123 M less than the first, could be in jeopardy. I didn't see that coming at all.

• Like 1

Yes it did, actually. You nerdgasmed and was a dick towards any contrary opinions.

LOL I nerdgasmed over Marvel? You clearly don't know me very well

I think one main reason why many think the OW is disappointing is because they know this won't have the multiplier the first one had. Using the OW as a basis, 500 M, which is already 123 M less than the first, could be in jeopardy. I didn't see that coming at all.

Yup, this might barely hit $450m with that opening.