Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

@boxoffice: Early domestic opening projections: $50 mil for #PitchPerfect 2 and $45 mil for #MadMax

this would mean I under-predicted both by 6M each. I'm happy about that if so.

• Like 1

Are people completely numb to great action these days? Or do people just not know what great action looks like. I'm not sure how anyone wouldn't be sold by those set pieces unless they're just not into action movies anyway.

If you're asking their opinion as to what they didn't like, the two uninitiated friends, too weird for one of 'em and too exhaustive for the other. For some frame of reference, both preferred Raid 2 and Dredd.

Again, the opinion of two random friends of mine does not equate to the GA. And, I and the other two liked it quite a lot.

Personally, I think it's too strange for the GA to really break out. Hope I'm wrong. I love my flicks super bizarro. Stranger the better in my opinion.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Variety: 

‘Pitch Perfect 2,’ ‘Mad Max’ Soaring to $50 Million Openings at Box Office

Early Friday estimates, based on matinee numbers, showed the Anna Kendrick-Rebel Wilson musical connecting solidly with audiences at 3,427 locations with around $20 million to $22 million Friday. Should those numbers hold, “Pitch Perfect 2″ would finish in the $48 million to $52 million range.

Warner Bros.’ “Fury Road” is close behind with $20 million on Friday. The R-rated actioner, starring Tom Hardy, is expected to land in the $50 million range.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/pitch-perfect-2-mad-max-soaring-to-50-million-openings-at-box-office-1201497806/

Edited by Boogie Nights
  • Like 3