kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates (4-day): TL 41.7 M | PP II 38.5 M | MM: FR 32.1 M | A:AOU 27.8 M | POLTERGEIST 26.5 M

grim22, on 22 May 2015 - 5:51 PM, said:

Meanwhile in China

:ohmygod:

I, Frankenstein?!

The one with Two Face and Shitto?

Edited by CJohn

Been a while since there was this little enthusiasm or excitement for the Memorial Day Weekend releases.

Agreed. Like others have noted it seems San Andreas should've moved into this slot. 

I guess what this means is one of two things will happen. The holdovers will either do well cause they are the only thing out and those who are still itching for a film and not seen AoU, MM:FR or PP2 will likely go for those OR the people who haven't seen those won't have an itch to scratch that bad and it's a down Memorial Weekend Box Office vs prior years. 

Agreed. Like others have noted it seems San Andreas should've moved into this slot. 

I guess what this means is one of two things will happen. The holdovers will either do well cause they are the only thing out and those who are still itching for a film and not seen AoU, MM:FR or PP2 will likely go for those OR the people who haven't seen those won't have an itch to scratch that bad and it's a down Memorial Weekend Box Office vs prior years. 

I'm not really feeling San Andreas either. Guess things are about to come to a crawl until Jurassic World comes to kick ass and take names.

• Like 1

Yup. Apparently the local distributor is pushing it really hard and it will out open Tomorrowland.

Seems like the type of movie that will do well in China. It is special effects heavy. I won't be surprised with 30-40M total from there.

I'm not really feeling San Andreas either. Guess things are about to come to a crawl until Jurassic World comes to kick ass and take names.

Hopefully San Andreas or Spy will do well enough to keep things kind of interesting. JW and Inside Out should end up really propelling the second half of the month, though.

• Like 1

Hopefully San Andreas or Spy will do well enough to keep things kind of interesting. JW and Inside Out should end up really propelling the second half of the month, though.

Both San Andreas and Spy I'm expecting will come close to (if not exceed by quite a bit) 40M on OW.

Insidious Chapter 3 should be doing atleast 25m OW as well since Poltergeist doesnt look like its going please horror fans. 

Edited by babz06

I'm not really feeling San Andreas either. Guess things are about to come to a crawl until Jurassic World comes to kick ass and take names.

I have no eagerness for San Andreas either, just agreeing with others that if it opened this weekend it would probably over achieve just by virtue of being the new action film & disaster at that. Audiences like disaster flicks usually. 

Disney has Marvel money to burn and it's fair to assume even more capital to toss at creatively risky original fare with Star Wars money forthcoming. 

Even if they have to write Tomorrowland of ala Lone Ranger or John Carter, they aren't worried.