kayumanggi

THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN | 10.07.16 | Universal | final gross ● 75.40 M

Funny story, in my eyes, assholes.

My mother rarely goes for the bizarre, controversial, and crazy things, but when we went to a bookstore, my mother was going through books to read to her middle school class. She was going through Divergent, The Hunger Games, and Gone Girl.

I convinced her to leave Divergent and instead take something like The Maze Runner if she is going to go that route, and she listens to me. She ends up leaving Gone Girl, so I take it for myself. I was planning on buying this book, The Girl On The Train instead, but it was far more expensive in the bestsellers nook, slay a bit!

So, by the time, we pay, my mom sees the book and says nothing. However, by the time we get home later that day, she grabs the book along with the rest of hers and is like, "This one is mine, right?"

I cannot wait for her to read it, to be honest. I hope I can convince her to read the book and see this movie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rey said:

My mother rarely goes for the bizarre, controversial, and crazy things, but when we went to a bookstore, my mother was going through books to read to her middle school class. She was going through Divergent, The Hunger Games, and Gone Girl.

God help any middle schoolers who are exposed to Gone Girl. :wacko:

• Like 1

I know NOTHING of the story, so it should be cool to discover what it s about in the theater , plus Emily Blunt can't hurt and I have a massive crush for the REAL swedish diamond of our time since I saw her on a Cruise Missile Mission last year.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I know NOTHING of the story, so it should be cool to discover what it s about in the theater , plus Emily Blunt can't hurt and I have a massive crush for the REAL swedish diamond of our time since I saw her on a Cruise Missile Mission last year.

And @CJohn is just here for the sexy blonde that looks like JLaw;)

• Like 2

On 8/19/2016 at 6:22 AM, Arlborn said:

I really don't see this making less than 100m DOM unless it gets pretty bad WOM.

I sure hope you are right.  I'm in a club where I am counting on this to make at least that...

• Like 1

http://deadline.com/2016/08/fall-box-office-doctor-strange-sully-magnificent-seven-1201810337/

Even though Universal/DreamWorks’ The Girl on the Train boasts a social media universe of 29M and a viral rate of 10 to 1, many do expect this chick lit adaptation to post around $30M in its first weekend, despite some naysayers in distribution exclaiming, “It’s not Gone Girl”.

Looks like @ThatOneMorgan's curse might not work this time. ;)

• Like 1