kayumanggi

THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN | 10.07.16 | Universal | final gross ● 75.40 M

14 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I haven't read the book but why do I have the feeling this trailer spoils a crapload of things that were better left for the movie?

It does spoil a significant plot point. Can you guess? 

43 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Quite a few people said the book didn't stick the landing, so I never read it. Can't imagine I'll catch this either, although Blunt deserves a big break.

100% accurate.  The first half is really solid and then it goes downhill before the train wreck (pun intended) that is the 'finale'.  I've tried to be unbiased about the film because on paper it looks really good but unless they change the source material i don't see it having a lot of longevity.  It's compared to Gone Girl and rightfully so except Gone Girl was better and more fully realized.

4 hours ago, babz06 said:

It does spoil a significant plot point. Can you guess? 

What was spoiled seems kinda obvious, sadly.

2 hours ago, RyneOh1040 said:

100% accurate.  The first half is really solid and then it goes downhill before the train wreck (pun intended) that is the 'finale'.  I've tried to be unbiased about the film because on paper it looks really good but unless they change the source material i don't see it having a lot of longevity.  It's compared to Gone Girl and rightfully so except Gone Girl was better and more fully realized.

Try not to spoil more than the trailer already has please as I do plan on watching it if I can. Just your pun already gives a lot away I'd imagine.