kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

7 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The moment a critic sees a big scale action blockbuster  with 3 minutes, maybe 2 (deep down inside, they wish there was only 14 seconds of actual CGI in any movie ), of CGI,

they are cumming all over the place without touching themselves or the need of a naked woman ready to engage in sexual inter-course :

It s now downright pavlovian, like little brainless, well-trained dogs.

Dudebros will always dudebro, that is why we love 'em.

You're just as insufferable as some of the people you complain about even if in very different ways.

57 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Yeah they will extract like 0.1K from the BO like all the previous twitter outrage campaigns by special snowflakes, typing with rage before reading the whole damn thing ,have done before.

BTW,i will say this and i don't care what anyone thinks of me,he is right.Maybe he could word it out better but still...

Gosh, I absolutely abhor the way that term is used these days by some as an insidious way to diminish other people's feelings and opinions to the point of irrelevance so they don't actually have to hear opposite views to their own.  Will our race ever rise above this kind of petty behavior, I wonder?

1 hour ago, DAR said:

What comments?

https://www.nme.com/news/film/henry-cavill-controversial-comments-flirting-me-too-movement-gq-interview-2353275

His first comments were fine, nice even:

“I’ve been fortunate enough to not be around the kind of people who behave that way,” he said. “To my memory there’s been no moments where I look back and think, ‘Ooh, OK, maybe someone shouldn’t have gone through that’. I know there have been situations with people I’ve worked with being perhaps over-familiar with some of the actresses. But, I’ve always walked up to them and said, ‘Hey, are you all right? That’s creepy’.”

Asked about whether #MeToo had made him reconsider his own behaviour towards women, Cavill replied: “I like to think that I’ve never been like that. I think any human being alive today, if someone casts too harsh a light on anything, you could be like, ‘Well, OK, yeah, when you say it like that, maybe.’

“But it’s such a delicate and careful thing to say because there’s flirting which, for example, in a social environment is in context – and is acceptable. And that has been done to me as well, in return.”

But then he had to go and mention the rapist part. Big mistake there.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

And no one cares about me too movement, only some teenagers in twitter.

That's a very narrow point of view on the world as a whole. It also happens to be completely untrue, but then again narrow mindedness usually is.

39 minutes ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

And no one cares about me too movement, only some teenagers in twitter.

I'm not a teenager on Twitter and I care about the MeToo Movement. Cavill said something dumb and he should (and probably will) acknowledge it at some point in the next few days or week, but I don't think he should burn at the stake with Weinstein and Spacey for what he said. 

Anyway back to the movie, the reactions got me hyped as fuck. 

Edited by MrGamer
  • Like 6

Statement by Henry Cavill: Having seen the reaction to an article in particular about my feelings on dating and the #metoo movement, I just wanted to apologize for any confusion and misunderstanding that this may have created. Insensitivity was absolutely not my intention. Never would I intend to disrespect in any way, shape or form. This experience has taught me a valuable lesson as to the context and the nuance of editorial liberties. I look forward to clarifying my position in the future towards a subject that it so vitally important and in which I wholeheartedly support. - Henry Cavill

https://twitter.com/DanyGarciaCo

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Statement by Henry Cavill: Having seen the reaction to an article in particular about my feelings on dating and the #metoo movement, I just wanted to apologize for any confusion and misunderstanding that this may have created. Insensitivity was absolutely not my intention. Never would I intend to disrespect in any way, shape or form. This experience has taught me a valuable lesson as to the context and the nuance of editorial liberties. I look forward to clarifying my position in the future towards a subject that it so vitally important and in which I wholeheartedly support. - Henry Cavill

https://twitter.com/DanyGarciaCo

He deserved to get called out for his comments. And now he’s acknowledged and apologized for his comments. The only thing I hope is that he (along with those confused why folks to issue with what he said) really understands why folks were criticizing his comments but either way I don’t think anything more needs to be said about this specific situation involving Henry. 

Anyways I’m not shocked this is getting raves. I know not to judge a movie by the trailers but anytime I’ve seen the trailer for this film I’ve gone “Holy shit this looks amazing!” 

I cant wait to watch it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Anyways I’m not shocked this is getting raves. I know not to judge a movie by the trailers but anytime I’ve seen the trailer for this film I’ve gone “Holy shit this looks amazing!” 

I cant wait to watch it. 

It's been one of the more consistent franchises

1 minute ago, DAR said:

It's been one of the more consistent franchises

So I should watch all of them? I’ve seen the first but I haven’t really paid much attention to the ones inbetween. :ph34r:

But this one got my attention from the very beginning. 

1 minute ago, Nova said:

So I should watch all of them? I’ve seen the first but I haven’t really paid much attention to the ones inbetween. :ph34r:

I'm not the biggest fan of the second one.  But three was decent.  Four and five are pretty great

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

You have to watch the last one to understand Fallout most likely, it is a direct sequel. It is also a pretty great movie.