kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

8 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Baby Driver’s action was the second best thing in the movie, right behind the sound design

Tom Cruise did not break his ankle, learn to fly a helicopter and ride a motorcycle WITHOUT A HELMET to be put on the same level as Ansel Elgort.

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Tom Cruise did not break his ankle, learn to fly a helicopter and ride a motorcycle WITHOUT A HELMET to be put on the same level as Ansel Elgort.

To be fair, I wasn’t comparing Cruise and Elgort.  Cruise is definitely much more impressive in Fallout than Elgort in Baby Driver.

I just don’t think Fallout is good enough to be spoken in the same sentence as god-tier Fury Road.

Id say TLJ throne scene is a better comparison to how good Fallout’s fight scenes are, but people go bat crazy whenever that movie is mentioned.

Edited by Pandamia!
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Id say TLJ throne scene is a better comparison to how good Fallout’s fight scenes are, but people go bat crazy whenever that movie is mentioned.

The funny thing is that some of the fight choreography in the throne room scene is really, really bad.

The disappearing dagger being the most infamous example.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

The funny thing is that some of the fight choreography in the throne room scene is really, really bad.

The disappearing dagger being the most infamous example.

This might be a controversial opinion, idk, but that whole fight felt kind of like it was a bad rehearsal or something. Just very slow, and not very engaging, and it just felt kind of limp to me? Wouldn't even put it in the same ballpark as the bathroom fight in this imo

• Like 1

Liked it quite a bit. A slow start but the second half is as full-on as you'd hope. 'One of the best action films ever' is seriously pushing it though - just go in expecting another solid M:I entry.

Spoiler

Who knew? Cavil can play a bad guy. Shame he won't be back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1