kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

6 hours ago, TMP said:

This might be a controversial opinion, idk, but that whole fight felt kind of like it was a bad rehearsal or something. Just very slow, and not very engaging, and it just felt kind of limp to me? Wouldn't even put it in the same ballpark as the bathroom fight in this imo

If anything this scene showed how badly people were craving for a high spectacle lightsaber fight. Despite it being poorly choreographed and a bit of a mess people really loved it.

Don't know why JJ refused to have a decent lightsaber duel.. oh well

50 minutes ago, grim22 said:

🤔

I just saw TV spot for that film, and it's one of the rare instances where the people who edited the trailer seemed embarrassed to be anywhere near it. As for MI6, this is another film that elevates the franchise despite average box office results. It's like when you attend The Raid in select cinemas, and realize no one cares. I hope the legs are better than average. Every aggregate available on the internet would suggest so, but when does that truly matter?

• Like 1

Good action is not just good choreography, it also needs neatly placed tension. MI action scenes tend to have a good amount of both, although they overdo it in the tension department. 

Madmax Fury on the other hand lacks tension, because it fails to make you care about most of the characters involved.

Still, this hasn't been topped

giphy.gif

• Like 3

6 hours ago, That One Guy said:

@CoolEric258 need your thoughts on the situation

Haven't seen Fallout yet, so I can't compare, but I'm confident in saying that M:I's is probably better. Spy's is fine, well-shot and choreographed and whatnot, but nothing extraordinary. In all honesty, it really takes you out of what's supposed to be a silly raunchy comedy.

Spoiler

Although, the part in the climax where Kate McKinnon's on a trapeze is pretty fun. Maybe Tom Cruise will use a trapeze to jump over a canyon or some shit in the next movie.

People actually believe MM:FR is one of the best action movies ever? 🤔 🤔. I didn’t know that was an actual ‘thing’ on this board. FR is a pretty soulless highly overrated action movie. MI6 easily beats it on so many scales.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

People actually believe MM:FR is one of the best action movies ever? 🤔 🤔. I didn’t know that was an actual ‘thing’ on this board. FR is a pretty soulless highly overrated action movie. MI6 easily beats it on so many scales.

FR is pretty to look at , a very well made film at the technical level , but boring and empty. A lot of people feel the same way about Gravity. The best action movie ever made is Die Hard.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, aabattery said:

There are people who don't like Fury Road AND Gravity?

That's properly messed up. What a sad life it would be to hate two such wonderful films.

I thought both were sub par myself... I’d take any mission impossible film over both of them 

35 minutes ago, aabattery said:

There are people who don't like Fury Road AND Gravity?

That's properly messed up. What a sad life it would be to hate two such wonderful films.

a lot of people also think films like Blade Runner, 2001: A Space Odyssey are boring also, i appreciate them as works of arts, but they are overall boring, it should not be surprising

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

a lot of people also think films like Blade Runner, 2001: A Space Odyssey are boring also, i appreciate them as works of arts, but they are overall boring, it should not be surprising

There is a world of gray between people finding a movie boring and thinking people are wrong for loving them.

25 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

I’m genuinely confused as to how people can find something like 2001 or Blade Runner boring.  They both toss so many ideas and impressive visuals at you that’s it hard to not be engaged with what’s going on.