kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

32 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Fury Road is...oddly divisive amongst my friend group :lol:.  Idk, I guess it's not to everyone's tastes (for the record, I love it).

It's a divisive movie to most people. That's why it's strange that the tittle says "best action movie since fury road" as 50% of people will not find much hope in that

It's as if people think "Well critics said it's the best action movie so it must be". Guess what guys, critics can be wrong

I remember being hyped for it, got 5 of my mates to come watch it and by the end of the film i was ridiculed for wasting their time with my shitty movie taste and I couldn't even argue otherwise 😂

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, JB33 said:

Am I the only one who found FURY ROAD to be nothing special and, frankly, rather boring? Like, it was a completely senseless movie to me.

No you're in line with most people. Personally I think the opening scene is spectacular, first hour is fun then it just becomes boring and hard to finish. I'd choose edge of tomorrow anyway of the week

Just now, That One Guy said:

Idk, I just think it's a vocal minority of people that dislike it.  I think overall reception to it ignoring critics was still hugely positive.  It's just there's a few people aren't huge fans of how the film is presented.  From what I can gather, most people that dislike it didn't like that it prioritized being a long action scene over having a more complicated plot.  And that's fine!  Just like it's fine to love it.  Nothing wrong with having a personal preference.

It reminds me of gravity, a very well made movie that tells you the story visually instead of spelling it out to you though I didn't particularly like gravity either lol. I'd rather interstellar 

7 hours ago, kowhite said:

This is...correct.  MI movies, ok, I’ll stand by MI the first one as beyond normal blockbusters, by normal I mean even excellent ones like this one...

But this...was an excellent action.  And...nothing more.  It’s great fun.  Watch it.  Super enjoyable.  RT score?  Totally understandable, what’s not to like.  It’s taut, the action is great, and TC is on point.  But it ain’t fucking Fury Road.

Really Solid movie though.  Still....just saying...Ethan Hunt isn’t much more than Tom Cruise being awesome.  And he is.  Oh, he is.

You're right it's not fury road. Fallout is actually good

I was not impressed by Fury Road. My mom had already seen it in IMAX 3D and absolutely loved it. By the time I got to it, it was no longer available in that format. I saw it in standard with my mom. She said it was much better in IMAX 3D and I missed out. I have always just assumed that’s why I am less impressed by it.

McQuarrie definitely succeeded in changing up stylistically how Fallout was in look and tone compared to Rogue Nation. It felt like they were each made by a different director (other than certain plot points carrying from Rogue Nation of course). 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 2

Honestly don't know anyone that didn't at least like Fury Road. Loses it's fizzle in the stretch run but still a bonkers post-apocalyptic ride. Attention to detail in the design of everything is unreal too. I don't think it's very divisive. I don't think it would well received pretty much everywhere if it were.

Second viewing: Holy crap! All my issues seem to have dissipated. The first two acts are quite complex and it seems I wasn't able to digest it all on first viewing. I was able to notice and appreciate so many of the intricate details on second viewing, whether that be the technical craft or character motivations. I believe it's now my favorite in the series.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jessie said:

You're right it's not fury road. Fallout is actually good

I’m friends with people who don’t like Fury Road.  My point is, I don’t completely judge people with bad taste.  Maybe a little though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JB33 said:

Am I the only one who found FURY ROAD to be nothing special and, frankly, rather boring? Like, it was a completely senseless movie to me.

I really like it, but I don’t think it’s the A+, masterpiece a lot of people claim it to be. Not even the best Mad Max movie. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

If Fury Road had been divisive it wouldn't have spent the entirety of its wide release run without a single over 50% drop. 

IRL I know one guy who disliked it because "there was no story", which, I didn't even know what to say to that. Can some people not do action movies anymore unless they're 150-minute long endurance tests with lots of exposition and speechifying and twists shoved in between, y'know, the action? How can you not see story in everything there is on screen in FR? It's so strange to me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I hate critics who say "OMG best movie ever". Calm your asses! they actually do a disservice to movies. People are expecting something unseen and they usually end up disappointed cos we've practically seen everything in movies.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Alli said:

I hate critics who say "OMG best movie ever". Calm your asses! they actually do a disservice to movies. People are expecting something unseen and they usually end up disappointed cos we've practically seen everything in movies.

To extend to that, pretty much everyone who writes on the internet nowadays has to have either a clickbait title or a indoctrination title. The hell with them.