Asyulus

Weekend Actuals | Spy 29.09M, SA 25.84M, Ins3 22.69M, Ent 10.28M, MM 7.83M, PP2 7.57M, TL 7.2M, AoU 6.34M

Keith Simanton has reached new levels...

Keith, no one is interested in your opinion. Report on box office, not complain about feminism.

Not to mention critics are reviewing the movie, not the show. 

• Like 1

TBH of the films mentioned I have the toughest time seeing Minions doing 350M. It's going to decrease big time from DM2 and you guys are the Ines WYO are blinded not me.

Dude we heard you the first time.

Dude we heard you the first time.

Dude, if everyone can talk about how big Minions is gonna be then I can continue to talk about how they're over predicting it, or should they shut up too?

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1

Minions is not going to drastically decrease from DM2..

It could be a bit below with $335M....but it's not going to miss $300M...especially when the marketing is that strong and those characters are that popular.

I see this either matching or beating DM2 WW.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Even so, Japan at best will still push it below DH2's 960M OS

Deadline has AOU at $910.2M overseas. You don't think AOU can do 50M in Japan?(it doesn't even have to do that because it will continue to make money overseas over the next month)

Deadline has AOU at $910.2M overseas. You don't think AOU can do 50M in Japan?(it doesn't even have to do that because it will continue to make money overseas over the next month)

Avengers did 45M, it could decrease. 

Why would it increase in Japan? Not to say it can't beat DH2 overseas, but it seems more likely to me that it'll decrease

Edited by MrPink

You guys are WAYYYY too confident in Minions. I'm not saying this is the be all end all metric, but trailer views give an idea of comparing interest levels:

DM2: 32.6m trailer views

Minions: 16.9m trailer views

This is going to be exactly like Puss In Boots. They take a popular character and make a spin-off movie that people enjoy, but will not come anywhere close to the franchises numbers, because the reason for the original series gross is all of the elements pulling from many different demographics giving something for each person to enjoy. Minions cuts out Gru and the girls and that will hugely effect the gross from the older crowd. The kids were already completely enamoured with the minions, but that won't be anywhere close to enough to hit 250 let alone 350m. Mark my words.

• Like 1

2 SAN ANDREAS

Warner Bros.

3,182 $767,000

-78.2% / $201

$73,393,000 / 8 $10,725,000

+1298.3% / $3,371

$84,118,000 / 9 $8,045,000

-25% / $2,110

$92,163,000 / 10

N/A

Oh BOM *shakes head*

You guys are WAYYYY too confident in Minions. I'm not saying this is the be all end all metric, but trailer views give an idea of comparing interest levels:

DM2: 32.6m trailer views

Minions: 16.9m trailer views

This is going to be exactly like Puss In Boots. They take a popular character and make a spin-off movie that people enjoy, but will not come anywhere close to the franchises numbers, because the reason for the original series gross is all of the elements pulling from many different demographics giving something for each person to enjoy. Minions cuts out Gru and the girls and that will hugely effect the gross from the older crowd. The kids were already completely enamoured with the minions, but that won't be anywhere close to enough to hit 250 let alone 350m. Mark my words.

You're right, trailer views for a movie released two years ago are totally comparable to trailer views one month before release...

Why don't we compare the ACTUAL views, if it's so important to you, hmm?

It's now 32 days until Minions releases.

Minions trailer views 32 days before release - 25.8M

Despicable Me 2 trailer views 32 days before release - 25.1M