kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

All the sequels in this franchise are pretty bad when you get down to it objectively. Still, the dinosaur element of the films has always remained relatively fresh, which makes the dumb fun a bit more enjoyable than your typical dumb scifi/action blockbuster. It's not like there's ever been a ton of other dino movies out there. 

• Like 1

seriously though. what's the difference between the original JW. might as well be the same thing if you ask me.

Lost World is automatically the best because the trailer sequence fucking rocks (other than that it's pretty forgettable too)

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

All the sequels in this franchise are pretty bad when you get down to it objectively. Still, the dinosaur element of the films has always remained relatively fresh, which makes the dumb fun a bit more enjoyable than your typical dumb scifi/action blockbuster. It's not like there's ever been a ton of other dino movies out there. 

I was going to give you a thumbs up for the first sentence but then you opined these movies are fun as well as dumb.  Dinos are fun but the sequels squandered them among very unlikable humans and dumbass plots.  Though at least the second still had a thrilling tense action set piece which is more than I can say for 3 and 4.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

I was going to give you a thumbs up for the first sentence but then you opined these movies are fun as well as dumb.  Dinos are fun but the sequels squandered them among very unlikable humans and dumbass plots.  Though at least the second still had a thrilling tense action set piece which is more than I can say for 3 and 4.

I think the fact that dinos in a big budget blockbuster have never gotten tired or old for me is what makes all the sequels a bit fun when otherwise I'd probably have no use for them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Ive always loved the internet hatred for JW and all the people who keep insisting that it is a bad movie. Now i love it despite its big flaws but the thing is these flaws are similar to movies like Independence Day or Twister. JW was a mid-90s blockbuster (Dumb Fun) in the year 2015 and the GA ate it up. You dont get a 3+ multiplier, especially with that kind of OW if the WOM is bad. 

If FK is similar in quality (or better: even better) this wont do under 500M imo. Coming right after Infinity War, Deadpool 2 and Incredibles, people will want a break from SHs and Dinosaurs are still a rarity. This movie is the definition of surefire hit.

Based on this site a movie like Jurassic Wprld is hated and you would think movies likes Pacific Rim, Godzilla, and Ghostbusters 2016 are beloved blockbusters 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, John Marston said:

Based on this site a movie like Jurassic Wprld is hated and you would think movies likes Pacific Rim, Godzilla, and Ghostbusters 2016 are beloved blockbusters 

JW and Godzilla both have their haters and lovers here and id argue very few people on this board really liked Ghostbusters. Those wo did like it are just louder.

Anyway, as much as i will stan for this the script beeing written by Trevorrow is concerning. I dont want a plot that is too stupid.

In fairness Ghostbusters '16 only had about three defenders on here. Three more than it probably deserves, but still not many.

As for JW, I'm unremitting in how bad I think it is, but I'd never deny it was popular. It is quantifiably very popular... insofar as people think of it at all.