kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

3 minutes ago, Cookson said:

It's just kind of funny how long it took Universal to get Jurassic Park running again... And now it's their main franchise along with Fast and Furious.

It was for the better. If they made another just a few years after JP3 the grosses would have continued going down 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

JP3 had a 93 prod budget. It almost doubled that domestically and quadrupled it globally.

A very profitable under-performer. Most movies would kill to do this.

Which means less than you think considering that the series was continuing to trend down pretty rapidly from 1 to 2 to 3.

Also, that "sentient military dino" script was the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You'd think T-REX VS TITANOBOA would sell but NOOOOOOO, they wanted to go all Dino Squad on everyone and make that spazzy monstrosity!

On 08/07/2017 at 6:59 PM, PRESIDENT BKB said:

Claire has a nice rack.. Just saying.. :popcorn:

4 hours ago, MOVIEGUY said:

She really does, god bless her.

That's called "Practical Effects". -_-

(Anyone who have seen Lars Van Trier's Manderlay knows what I'm talking about).

JW is one of those films. Yes I do get the flaws and criticisms, they are very evident. But it's in some ways so earnest and well done, I find it tough to not feel like a kid watching it. There are a lot of yesteryear movies that have socio-political and logical flaws but one can look over it. JW is a new movie and wish it didn't have those flaws - but it also has some old charm that doesn't exist in movies these days.

I don't get tired of watching it.

• Like 1

Against my better judgment I'm going to make post 666 in the thread about the announcement that the teaser trailer will arrive in November.

http://www.jurassicworld2movie.com/news/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-teaser-trailer-coming-this-november

Let's hope I just didn't jinx the movie. 

Edited by Bishop54

7 hours ago, Bishop54 said:

Against my better judgment I'm going to make post 666 in the thread about the announcement that the teaser trailer will arrive in November.

http://www.jurassicworld2movie.com/news/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-teaser-trailer-coming-this-november

Let's hope I just didn't jinx the movie. 

Don't worry...that's Colin Treverrow's job.

Oh, I'm doing that aren't I.  And I spelled it wrong.

2 hours ago, kowhite said:

Don't worry...that's Colin Treverrow's job.

Oh, I'm doing that aren't I.  And I spelled it wrong.

Colin gives the Jurassic Park fans what they want, he was ready to do that for The Mouse with Episode IX but I guess they wanted a paint by the numbers film, good for Colin not to allow them to compromise his vision.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Colin gives the Jurassic Park fans what they want, he was ready to do that for The Mouse with Episode IX but I guess they wanted a paint by the numbers film, good for Colin not to allow them to compromise his vision.

does not compute

• Like 1