K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Holy... I expected a big weekend for JW, but not that BIG!

Same here, expected in the 115-130 range. The preview numbers looks like it can go 10M above that, but as JAndrew said, let's wait for Friday #s as well.

• Like 2

Why would it be more frontloaded than F7?

Yea, Jurassic movies are almost animation-like in terms of retaining audience in the subsequent weeks.

The movie seems to be a universal crowd-pleaser and it will drop like a Pixar.

Wtf? Who the hell would have thought that? The preview number made it painfully obvious it was coming in well under the original.

Um, I remember that weekend clearly. It was meltdown city. Why? Inflated expectations, just like right now.

Maybe it's all the crack I've smoked this morning, but I think the opening weekend record is going down, or at least being very seriously challenged.

cocaine.png

Feel free to quote this if the OW record goes down because no one will ever be more right in history.

• Like 5

Um, I remember that weekend clearly. It was meltdown city. Why? Inflated expectations, just like right now.

Maybe around here.

Any analyst worth their salt knew the number wasn't impressive. Once we knew the film was utter shit and wouldn't be receiving good word of mouth, it was all over.

The first did 18.5m from Midnights only 2012 dollars. Only increasing by $9 million diespite having double the show times and obvious frontloading that comes with being a sequel sent off alarm bells everywhere.

Everybody at KJ 9side form a few I suppose) knew what was happening as soon as the numbers came out...

Friday Update #1:

Sources report that Jurassic World bowed to an excellent $18.5 million from shows beginning at 7pm on Thursday night. That appears to put the film on a continued course for the June opening weekend record, currently held by 2013's Man of Steel ($116.6 million).

Last night's stellar performance for the dino sequel notably topped Furious 7's $15.8 million Thursday haul, that film having gone on to a $147.2 million weekend. However, with most schools now out of session and vacation season beginning, the comparison with Jurassic World isn't apples-to-apples.

http://pro.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2015-06-12-north-america-thursday-night-report-jurassic-world-roars-with-strong-185m-start

Edited by abra
  • Like 1

Same here, expected in the 115-130 range. The preview numbers looks like it can go 10M above that, but as JAndrew said, let's wait for Friday #s as well.

I expect big numbers. I don't think this will be all that frontloaded.

• Like 1

Why would it be more frontloaded than F7? Yea, Jurassic movies are almost animation-like in terms of retaining audience in the subsequent weeks. The movie seems to be a universal crowd-pleaser and it will drop like a Pixar.
Problem with that is there's an actual Pixar coming next week Edited by tribefan695