K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Just got back, great numbers for JW, hopefully it holds unlike the potential 100M AOU was seeing. If it hits 75M+, there is an outside chance it can win summer.

I think it has more than outside chance. 75m+ would mean 180m OW. It has summer weekdays and is a crowd pleaser with good WOM. I think its a lock to beat Age of Dultron.

Wrong.

$140 after $70+? This isn't Twilight.

clearly this isn't performing like anyone expected so we have no idea how it will play out. plus 70+ isn't a done deal, something like 68 could happen if the west coast isn't feeling it just like with aou dropping from rth's predictions

Dinosaur, Lilo & Stitch, and Brother Bear all seem to have been completely forgotten, and they're perhaps my 3 favourite Disney films.

That's odd. Most Disney favorites lists, I've seen would never feature Dinosaur or Brother Bear, but still I accept differing opinions.

Lilo & Stitch however, is one of greatest and maybe most underrated animated films ever. It's a lot of fun to watch. I wouldn't say it's forgotten though.

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 1

It's a joke. Ha. Get it.

Let me just go take my two margaritas away from you dinosaurs...

People who scoff at that obviously don't know people who like their cocktails. If you drop $10 on a drink you're gonna take it with you if you have to move.

Edited by PDC1987

If this was last year, when JWwas supposed to come out, this wouldve likely ended up #1 for the year. Wouldnt have opened as high because Pratt's Guardians wouldnt have opened yet, plus 2014 was just doldrum in general, but I think $120-130 couldve been easily achievable now.

Nah, if the was last year the traditional 2014 opening of $90-99m would have been a lock.

Dinosaur, Lilo & Stitch, and Brother Bear all seem to have been completely forgotten, and they're perhaps my 3 favourite Disney films.

Lilos not forgotten, but the other two are. I like Brother Bear as well.

• Like 2

I think it has more than outside chance. 75m+ would mean 180m OW. It has summer weekdays and is a crowd pleaser with good WOM. I think its a lock to beat Age of Dultron.

I actually liked TA2 but that nickname is hilarious. They fucking set themselves up for that one.

• Like 3

I'm not much of a fan of the LAND BEFORE TIME series. (Pretty sure I haven't seen most of them, admittedly).

The Only one I liked was the 1st one the rest they pretty much turned into Musical Cartoon Movies where I don't think they had in the 1st one at all.

Edited by SuperUltron

clearly this isn't performing like anyone expected so we have no idea how it will play out. plus 70+ isn't a done deal, something like 68 could happen if the west coast isn't feeling it just like with aou dropping from rth's predictions

No.

Overperforming is not gonna make it act like the exact opposite kind of film it is.

What? No, there's a significant fan base. You can't call a straight up sequel an original movie, especially when the originals were some of the biggest movies ever when they came out.

"Indy 4" was pretty backloaded, too...

"Avengers" had all the lead-up movies before.

I just don't think this is the same kind of rush a direct sequel would get. JW surely isn't a typical fanboy movie.