K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

If it keeps up Universal will be making more money than expected and overseas(duh we all know China will be big) it could make to a billion which would be quite exciting

Edited by Maxmoser3

TF2 was not that shocking, every guy under 25 I knew wanted to see it. 

Bullshit.  200 mill for the weekend was shocking.

• Like 1

Not even Toronto I checked last night across the whole country. 

I understand where you are coming from.  I posted yesterday saying it didn't seem that crazy at my theater because it wasn't selling out BOTH of our biggest screens like F7 did Fri-Sun or Avengers did on Sunday.  

But it just kept going and going and we ended up selling far more tickets for JW than either of those on their best days.  

I'll have to check tonight for comparison, but I'm 99.9% sure the 4,490 tickets we sold beats both of those handily AND since it didn't sell out every show, it actually has room to grow today.  That's gonna be interesting to see.

• Like 1

If 2 out of the 3 Jurassic Park film's broke opening weekend records in there time, then perhaps we should not be totally shocked by the numbers (I am though). It's had 14 years to heal it's wounds of JP3. Countless reruns of JP1 on TV seemed to have created the connection with the new generation. It needed to find the connection with the younger audiences like the first film did to a create a MONSTER hit, and it appears it has. Growns up like me going because it's Jurassic f***kin Park. Lots of nostalgia associated with it.

Don't get me wrong I am shocked, I was thinking $140m absolute high end becuase of what I had been reading on the forums. I guess it has more casual fans, rather than vocal ones like other big franchises. I like these kind of surprises. Come on you beautiful dino bast**ds!

Edited by MonstersandRoy
  • Like 1

1-Spider-man

2- Shrek 2

3- Jurassic World

4- The Avengers

5- The Hunger Games

6- American Sniper

Only 6 movies which OW results completely destroyed expectations.

You're forgetting the fuss New Moon caused when it blew expectations way out of the water.

Nobody expected the first Hunger Games to blow up like it did in March 2012.

Hey, it s probably the reason Warner is releasing one of the most important movie of the studio s history in that timeframe.

Huge following of the books, I wasn't too surprised even though it crushed expectations. Way more surprised this has a chance at OW record lol

For those that have been around for a while, what is the most shocking OW you can remember? This has to be up there.

Spider-man, TDK, Avengers, and now, Jurassic World

Edited by peludo

Well over $64m in day business. It sure as hell isn't Potter, Twilight, etc.

However I would cation putting a TA1 or SM3 multiple as a comparison. 

Saturday needs to be seen however unlike TDK or TDKR, this plays to a much wider audience with families. 

Another thing to remember guys is that compared to 2012 or when TDK and other films opened.

VIP, and Dbox and AVX shows really have taken off, so in reality for a movie to do 200 million does not need to sell like as many tickets as SM3, TA1 and TDK opening weekend at all. 

• Like 1

TA had a great Sunday hold fellas. 

Everyone relax. This will somehow turn into a disappointment for some of you if it doesn't hit 200M.  :unsure:

Oh God. 2017 is going to be insane for Universal again with DM3, Furious 8, and likely Jurassic Park 5.

They're going to try and mimic 2015 to a T.

The next PP and 50SOG movies are also already scheduled for 2017, and if Ted 2 does well expect Ted 3 for 2017 too.