K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I wonder what Universal is thinking. Bound to be a pretty big surprise for them. Must make them even more proud of JP1's stature in pop culture.

They're thinking:

Time to greenlight a revamp for the JP area of IoA (theme park in Florida)

Time to greenlight JW 2 and 3

Time to greenlight Jaws and BTTF reboots/sequels

Time for summer to begin (with 5 $100 million+ DOM grossers after PP2... it's a good year for them lol) 

• Like 1

Do what? I'm 29 and saw the original in theaters at age 7. Had all the toys. Still remember the day my mom came home from work with the VHS as a surprise for my birthday later that year.

Same, and I'm 27. Jurassic Park was like Star Wars to me as a kid. The 90's kids loved JP.

Well then imagine how busy you're gonna be after 5 lol.

currently the shows between 7 and 10 are filling quickly, the 5:10 and 5:45 shows are about 1/3 full right now. But the earlier shows sold out about two hours before showtime, so I expect them to start picking up here soon. at this rate though, all the 2D and Imax shows past 7 will be sold out in about an hour or two. The 3D shows today were a little over 50%, so clearly people are around here are just choosing to wait for the 2D or IMAX.

Get ready for JAWS

dun nuh, dun nuh, dun nuh duh nuh dun nuh

I'm with BKB in that if they do a new Jaws movie, it should be a Megalodon instead of Great White. But personally I think Jaws should be left alone. Jurassic Park was always a more franchise-ready concept to begin with.

currently the shows between 7 and 10 are filling quickly, the 5:10 and 5:45 shows are about 1/3 full right now. But the earlier shows sold out about two hours before showtime, so I expect them to start picking up here soon. at this rate though, all the 2D and Imax shows past 7 will be sold out in about an hour or two. The 3D shows today were a little over 50%, so clearly people are around here are just choosing to wait for the 2D or IMAX.

keep us posted!

I'm with BKB in that if they do a new Jaws movie, it should be a Megalodon instead of Great White. But personally I think Jaws should be left alone. Jurassic Park was always a more franchise-ready concept to begin with.

I always worry about the point where this is stretched just too far for audiences.

Yeah i think it did. To be honest, i havent seen remarkable marketing for Inside Out, so these 80m predictions  are crazy. (IMO)

Really? The merch is selling like hot cakes, and the stellar reviews are bound to generate curiosity among teens/adults. Not to mention Disney has previews for IO in its theme parks around the world. 

A lot of it is probably because you're not the Disney Channel/Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon demo. Guarantee there's plenty of ads for it on those 3 channels

Maybe $60-70 million is more reasonable, but Pixar has steadily been above $60 million+ OW since WALL-E. 

Adjusted for inflation/3D surcharges, you'd have to go back to TS1/Bug's Life for an OW at 'only' $55-60 million. 

Even Ratatouille would adjust to $65 million OW with inflation and 3D. 

zack, fucking SPOILERS. FFS, I'm getting pissed right now. 

People need to get banned from a thread if they spoil anything.

slide_250558_1523180_free.jpg

My thinking was the movie opened to gazillion dollars and probably 90% of

the world population has already seen the movie so...

• Like 3

The opening weekend record is in play. I'll go see movie tonight and let's see how it's doing.

But this one could break record. The movie WILL break $200+ million.