K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I love how you response to my post. ;)

Yeah I know wverything you said, but still - I don't like the fact that JW is making that huge amount of money. Avengers was better movie, probably as good as it could be, while still appealing 'mass audiences' these days. 

And now the question of the day:
Which Potter records are broken by JW?

i'm team T-rex so woot woot congrats if they can pull off the record !!!!

its a fun movie isnt that what you expect from a summer movie , the more i think about it the more some scenes make me laugh but that ending lol fight  fight  go T-rex  goT-rex.....

i might go see it again today for a 3rd time but showings here are packed its crazy , people tend to flock to the new big movie of the week  if not i'll see ex-machina 

ps:

every big weekend its the same thing , i find it tiresome hating on one movie to feel good about another , can't they both coexist in same realm as fellow OW record holders , whats the fuss ?

also the movie isn't too scary for kids it promises exactly what the park promises people thrills for kids and parents alike in a safe environment , that said the theatre is safer than JW park lol , the hubris of men never ceases to amaze ! 

Edited by Mistress of RDJ TONY STARK

Lol at all these whack ass Avengers haters. JW ain't getting the ow record.

Ummm, it made more than Avengers on Friday and apparently Saturday so why won't it? It'll be close but with all the sell outs and reports we've been hearing...it's very possible it's going to break the record.

The success of this film is also a testament to the impact of the original Jurassic Park, though.

“Also”? This is 100% due to JP's legacy. The first film is a beloved, iconic masterpiece that stands the test of time and everyone loves. The sequels never happened, and this is certainly the sequel that we all expected and needed.

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 1

So looking back at the previous OW records, it looks like the smallest percentage increase (and dollar increase) in the past 25 years was actually Jurassic Park, which improved by a scant 2.9% (and a little over 1.3m) over Batman Returns.

In order to not have a smaller increase, Jurassic World would need at least 213,518,782 for the weekend.

Of course the smallest increase of all time was in 1989, when Ghostbusters II, which improved by just .4% over Indy 3. JW would need to hit under 208,271,664 and still take the record to do that, a margin of less than a million of TA1.

Ghostbusters II also held the record for the shortest amount of time: 1 week, before it was crushed by Batman. Whatever happens, it's likely JW holds the record for longer (assuming it gets it).

Unless we're all massively unaware of how big Inside Out is going to be.

I'm sorry, but if Rth is correct (and since it's 2 AM on the west coast, he probably is) then there's simply no way it doesn't get it. As someone just said, Universal will fudge it if they have to at this point.

Your only prayer is that Rth made a typo. Or Universal doesn't want to fudge for whatever reason.

Closer to 3am, but who's keeping track.

I just don't see it dropping that hard though. I think demand is still there, and it'll break the record.

And again, if it comes close, Universal will make it happen.

it sold out so many shows the spillover will be out of the world. We have see with uber blockbusters that they tend to have better than normal movies. Plus this is a crowd pleaser if there is one and JW plays broader than even SH movies. It will crush Avengers OW. Already saturday increase is better than norm for mid June release. Also being a summer release sunday drops are strong. I am predicting 10-12% drop on sunday to break OW record comfortably.

• Like 1

Big movies in June/July and their Sunday decreases:

The Dark Knight: -8.5%

The Dark Knight Rises: -10.5%

Man of Steel:  -0.1% (!)

Dead Man's Chest:  -20.4%

Deathly Hallows Part 2: -15.8%

Assuming the 70 million number holds, the lowest Jurassic World can go is $208 million.

• Like 2